Ultimate Customer No Service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnover

I tried again this morning to contact NMAC regarding confirmation of the previously promised Leaf lease extension. Their contact numbers all lead into their automated customer service system and NONE of the choices involve being able to talk to a live person. This is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!

This leaves me sitting on a promise with the lease ending November 16th.

Anybody have a solution here? I've had already contacted the local Leaf sales person and have gotten no response from him either.

Turnover said:
I tried again this morning to contact NMAC regarding confirmation of the previously promised Leaf lease extension. Their contact numbers all lead into their automated customer service system and NONE of the choices involve being able to talk to a live person. This is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!

This leaves me sitting on a promise with the lease ending November 16th.

Anybody have a solution here? I've had already contacted the local Leaf sales person and have gotten no response from him either.

Have you tried hitting "0" on the phone's keypad a bunch of times? That usually gets me to a warm body on those systems where the option isn't there.

It IS amazing just how bad, unhelpful, and discourteous NMAC is! I've had similar experiences with them...
Certainly, no one will EVER buy a Nissan BECAUSE of them... :lol:

Turnover said:

TomT said:
It IS amazing just how bad, unhelpful, and discourteous NMAC is! I've had similar experiences with them...
I'm sure you know you can finance a Nissan vehicle with your bank, credit union, or other lending company... ;) I got my loan through USAA using only my iPhone. Walked into the Nissan dealership with a check, printed on my printer from my iPhone, and drove away with my new LEAF.

Thanks MWalsh & Kubel. I did a "hybrid" call using both of your suggestions. I called the NMAC # (800) 456-6622, and entered the number 0 when prompted for the account number. This got me immediately to the waiting queue for live customer service. Within a couple of minutes Lisa answered, confirmed my account information, then clarified what I needed. She will be have an extension contract emailed to me and gave me a password to open it. She said that I would need to be aware there would not be the monthly email prompt to make the lease payments.

Customer service can be pretty good once you get out of NMAC Automated.

Hopefully the email will arrive in the next 2 or 3 days as promised. I'll follow up and post the results.

Received the emailed Leaf extension document but when I double clicked to open it there was not spot to type in the password. Contacted NMAC and spoke with Heidi who stated she will initiate another email that hopefully with generate a spot to enter a password. She gave me a new password as well.

We were talking leases so that is irrelevant.

aarond12 said:
TomT said:
I'm sure you know you can finance a Nissan vehicle with your bank, credit union, or other lending company... ;)

Turnover, assuming they're sending you an encrypted PDF file, you may try using the official Acrobat Reader program to open the document. I've had trouble opening encrypted PDF files with anything other than Acrobat Reader. Similarly, if it's a .doc or .docx file, use the latest version of Microsoft Word, not any of the other programs that offer compatibility with Word documents.

swaltner said:
Turnover, assuming they're sending you an encrypted PDF file, you may try using the official Acrobat Reader program to open the document. I've had trouble opening encrypted PDF files with anything other than Acrobat Reader. Similarly, if it's a .doc or .docx file, use the latest version of Microsoft Word, not any of the other programs that offer compatibility with Word documents.

Thanks swaltner! :) Downloaded the free version of Acrobat Reader and it opened up the password portal for the document. Entered the password and voila!

The agreement is one page and simply extends the current lease a maximum to 6 months. I'll mail it back pronto. Our lease runs just under $100/month so this will put us in a better spot.

Was negotiation of the residual buyout price on the table when you talked to them? There were some rumors posted about a new initiative that NMAC is working on that allows buyout negotiation in order to lessen the burden of loss that NMAC is receiving with all the turn ins.

No, there wasn't any discussion of residual buyout. I had the impression that NMAC might be initiating those proposals. In this case I initiated the matter. Could be that they have a special unit that handles buyout proposals - that wouldn't surprise me.

We love our 2012 Leaf, but use it for distance travel at times and really need more battery capacity as well as the new inverter and heat pump. If we were offered a very low price we would buy the car for relatives who also love it but are still worker bees and not so interested in range.

We plan to buy outright the improved Leaf when it is marketed.

Back