Missing Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would call and see what you can find out with the VIN. If the dealership is playing games I would leave a nasty review here and other places and walk away.

ftroyalty said:
A more legal question: How binding is a signed lease agreement? I really don't mind waiting as long as I don't get charged for waiting. Since there is a VIN, the car exists (though I don't know if it has been actually built or not). I would think I have the option to wait and eventually get the car.
Why would you sign lease paperwork on a LEAF you have never seen?
Is the demand for LEAFs in Atlanta that great that people do that?
Bit like the wild west days of late 2010 and 2011.
I did purchase a LEAF I had not seen from a dealer 159 miles away.
But contract was not final till it was delivered to my driveway and I inspected it and signed the contract and provided payment check.

I'm not an attorney.
But I think you have a pending contract.
It will not be valid until the vehicle is provided.
You probably can wait and the lease period will not start until the vehicle is delivered.
Or you probably could terminate the tentative contract and walk away.
But best to get real legal council to do that unless you get the dealer to agree in advance to return the "deposit" and abandon the tentative contract.

There are easily over 1000 Leafs at dealers in the Atlanta area. I suggest getting out of your contract and finding another dealer that has what you want in stock. There has to be some way of getting out of it since they can't deliver as the contract states (or should state).

ftroyalty said:
Update: Called Nissan and the rep said it would be delivered next week. I figure I'll give it until then to see what happens. Seems odd that a single week's delay warrants a postponement memo from Nissan.

I live in Columbus so I'm trying to find dealers within a single charge. Most of Atlanta metro would require charging at some point to get home.

It may be a state requirement they send the letter out for some reason. States do weird things.

Back