Lease S w/ QC vs. SV w/ QC?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyr

I've gotten some pretty good numbers from folks on leasing the S model with the Quick charge around the Atlanta area. I'm considering the SV model, mainly because of the heater, lighter interior, screen/nav and Carwings. With that being said, what difference in leasing terms are people seeing on the SV. Seems almost all of the info/details I"ve found were for the S model with the quick charge.

Here's what I'm finding for the S w/ QC:
24 month, 12k miles
~$400 first month w/ tag, fees, etc.
~$250-260 VPP per month

Just trying to get an idea if the extra cost is worth the SV instead of the S model. I think it would be about $40 a month more, but haven't seen good numbers yet and just wanted to hear if anyone else had done anything similar. Also it seems that almost all of the Leafs on the lot at the local dealership are S models. They only had one SV and it had the darker interior.

TIA! Looking forward to being part of "the community"!

speedyr said:
I've gotten some pretty good numbers from folks on leasing the S model with the Quick charge around the Atlanta area. I'm considering the SV model, mainly because of the heater, lighter interior, screen/nav and Carwings. With that being said, what difference in leasing terms are people seeing on the SV. Seems almost all of the info/details I"ve found were for the S model with the quick charge.

Here's what I'm finding for the S w/ QC:
24 month, 12k miles
~$400 first month w/ tag, fees, etc.
~$250-260 VPP per month

Just trying to get an idea if the extra cost is worth the SV instead of the S model. I think it would be about $40 a month more, but haven't seen good numbers yet and just wanted to hear if anyone else had done anything similar. Also it seems that almost all of the Leafs on the lot at the local dealership are S models. They only had one SV and it had the darker interior.

TIA! Looking forward to being part of "the community"!

We have both a 2013 S (wo QC) and a 2013 SV w QC. I think the differences between the S and SV for 2015 are about the same (someone correct me if I'm wrong: I believe the main difference between the 2013 and 2015 models are Lizard battery, and all models have backup camera).

The Nav system on the SV is nearly worthless, very slow, obsolete technology, lots of reflections making it hard to use. I wouldn't base decision on that. The S does have black interior, our SV has light, which is a pain because is shows dirt easily. I wish we had a grey patterned interior like many cars. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten 2 SV models, mostly for the cruise control which is lacking on my 2013 S. I find the car so quiet on the highway that when intending to go 65, I frequently find myself going 75 unless I look at the speedometer frequently. This is important since the range of the the car is substantially less at 75mph than 65mph.

Used carwings a few times in the first month we got the car. Never used it since.

The climate controls in the S are MUCH easier to use than in the SV (which has lots of buttons, the S has knobs). If you live in a warm climate, the AC on the S is more efficient than the heat pump in the SV (though the heating uses more juice in the S than SV). I also like look of the wheel covers on the S better than the alloy wheels of my wife's SV... not sure if they are same on 2015 SV.

The S without QC has only a 3.8 kW on board charger. S models with QC, and all SV/SL models after model year 2012, have the faster 6.6 kW on board charger. If you primarily charge at home (like most EV drivers), that is not a problem unless there is a real need for a quick turnaround time, such as two working spouses on different shifts sharing the same car, or you have a very short time frame to take advantage of an off-peak rate (commute uses most of the battery but you come home at midnight and off-peak ends at 6AM). Otherwise, its biggest benefit is when you need to stop at a public charging station in order to make your destination, as that will mean a shorter wait before you can drive off again.

I don't know if it's still true for the 2015 models, but the Leaf S also used the power-hungry resistive heater of the pre-2013 cars. 2013+ SV and SL models had a more efficient heat pump unit. The S also lacked cruise control but apparently is now included on all Leafs for 2015.

Backup camera has been standard on all Leafs since the 2014 model. Higher end models have the option of Nissan's "Around View" camera system.

As far as the center stack, note that the S model's stereo does not come with Bluetooth audio, only Bluetooth phone. To connect your music player you have to use either the USB port (behind the left cupholder) or the aux-in jack (which on the S resides on the stereo itself). For some people (like me) it's not a problem, but others have complained about why it was not included.

The SV with premium package (Bose stereo with XM radio and All Around View camera system) is well worth the extra price if you can afford it. An SV with no Premium Package would be more a judgement call - most who have them regret not getting PP.

@speedyr

Would you share which dealership gave those quotes. I got mine and paid more. I have a friend who is looking to lease this month. Would be helpful for him.

Thanks.

place hopper check your PM's. stjohnh thanks for the feedback that's helpful especially after going to test drive one.

I'm talking to a couple of people and have heard good things about town Center and Chronic, that's where two of the quotes i have seen are from so far. I"ll keep you posted, if I can get the right deal will probably do something Monday or Tuesday (good to shop on the last day of the month).

thank you for the info on the S vs SV packages. All of the 2015 cars have cruise control and back up cameras and that's a good thing. I don't think we'll be using it for "trips" but with some freeway driving and my usual driving speed of 75-80mph, I'll have to watch what I do when driving the leaf. It's not my CBR1000rr. :)

leaning towards the S w/ QC. there's a DC charger (level 3) within a mile or two near our house, my wife has a level 2 at work and i'll instal a level 2 in our garage as well, so we'll be set for charging. The blue tooth phone will be nice (I have an 05 TDI with no blue tooth built in, and no iPod dock, so anything is a step up).

the heater might be nice, but I'm fine as it doesn't get that cold here and even if it's an issue we both have other cars we can use. I ride my bike year round a lot anyway and have heated gear so a bit cooler is ok, and both of our commutes are about 15-20 miles each way so plenty of juice for errands, lunch, etc.

don't really need the nav for navigation, my garmin unit works 10x better and waze is good for most other uses. Ideally it would help to locate chargins spots but again, the apps will do that pretty well and my guess is be much more up to date.

thanks again for the feedback, it was helpful when going to test drive the car to see things to consider and look for as we drove.

BTW the eco button was pretty funny. turn it off, it's like "turbo" mode (as we were going down the entrance ramp to the freeway I turned it off...)

speedyr said:
don't really need the nav for navigation, my garmin unit works 10x better and waze is good for most other uses. Ideally it would help to locate chargins spots but again, the apps will do that pretty well and my guess is be much more up to date.

IMHO the nav system on the SV/SL is pretty useless for that too. PlugShare is much more informative.

If something were to happen to my 2012 SV and I'd need a new Leaf, I'd probably downgrade to a 2015 S+QC.

Hi Speedyr,
Can you tell me which dealership location gave you the $250 quote on the S with QC (2-year lease) please? I'm in the ATL area.

Thanks!
Whackster

Careless editing by whoever was in charge of updating the website for 2015. Cruise control is once again standard on all Leaf models (2013-2014 Leaf S didn't have it).

Back