Is this a good price??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdxc90

Got an initial quote from Dealer in Rhode Island on a 2015 Leaf SV with Splash Guards and carpeted mats. 3 year/15K
MSRP 33,220
Negotiated Price 31,160
Invoice 31,848
Nissan Lease Rebate $8575
Doc fee, registration acquisition fee etc all rolled in the lease so only thing due at signing was first month payment.
Initial quote in email was $287 including tax.
The next day they admitted that they made a "mistake" and the payment will actually be $325/month taxes included. I thanked them politely and walked out.

Obviously I am bummed that they cannot/will not honor the $287 payment. However, is $325 pm still a good deal on a 2015 Leaf SV with zero down???

I am a newbie to the Leaf World so I do not have a good idea about pricing/lease deals on the Leaf in the Northeast. Test drove the car yesterday and loved it!!! BTW the car was gun-metallic with the light interior. While I really liked the interior color my fear was that it will get destroyed in 3 years with kids in the back seat. Anybody have experience with the lighter interior?

Any help will be much appreciated.

That's is what I am thinking too. Trying to reach other dealers to beat this quote.

Northeast is really not the hotbed for Nissan leaf so most dealers only have 1-2 cars in stock which makes negotiating and finding the cars with the options you want a little difficult. I hardly ever see any Leafs (?Leaves :lol: ) on the roads here.

Can I just spray the Scotch guard on the seat myself? Does anybody have experience with it?

The dealership called and said they may possibly do $309 pm. I made a counter-offer for $290. Waiting to heard back from them.

Planning to try Level 1 charging to assess my needs initially. The car will primarily be used by my wife with a 40 minute commute and no charging at work right now.

Otherwise I am thinking of getting a 240 volt plug in the garage from an electrician with EVSE cord upgrade option even though I am leasing.

mdxc90 said:
Can I just spray the Scotch guard on the seat myself? Does anybody have experience with it?
you can get a can and spray it on yourself.
mdxc90 said:
The dealership called and said they may possibly do $309 pm. I made a counter-offer for $290. Waiting to heard back from them.
they may come back with a counter, $290 is what I pay for my '13 SV
mdxc90 said:
Planning to try Level 1 charging to assess my needs initially. The car will primarily be used by my wife with a 40 minute commute and no charging at work right now. Otherwise I am thinking of getting a 240 volt plug in the garage from an electrician with EVSE cord upgrade option even though I am leasing.
the speeds driven and the distance is what is important. for example a 60 MPH ride for 40 minutes with no recharging at work would not work.
I would get the evse upgrade and get the the 240 v plug, a no brainer for you

Thank you for your advice and insight apvbguy!

So the dealership saga continues... the $309 price was for an S that I do not want :cry: :cry: :cry:

I told them I am holding firm at $290. They sent me another email again apologizing for their "mistake"

Getting an electrician come tonight to give me an estimate for a 240 volt plug. I need to ask for 40 amp breaker, NEMA L6-30R (30A 240V Twist-Lock) plug and 8 gauge wiring from what I understand reading from the forum and EVSE upgrade dot com

So I am getting daily emails from the dealership about how they can "help" and "answer any questions" that I may have but no reduction is lease price of $325 pm for 2105 SV for 36/15K with zero down. I still can't tell if this is a good deal or if I can do significantly better in price by waiting or shopping around.

Since I am in no real hurry, I am holding tight and spending my time researching various Level 2 EVSE options, but the wait is killing me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the quote is for a car with QC, and there are no QC stations in your area or you don't plan to use them, tell them you'll take one without QC for $290.

EDIT: I went back and looked, and this car may not have the Premium Package. You don't want an SV without it, especially at that price. The Around View camera system is fantastic.

LeftieBiker said:
If the quote is for a car with QC, and there are no QC stations in your area or you don't plan to use them, tell them you'll take one without QC for $290.

The quote is without a QC. Its a 2015 SV with only mud flaps and floor mats included for an MSRP of 33,320. Unfortunately I am in RI and while there are >50 Level 2 chargers available there are no QCs that I can find. 3 miles from my house there is a Tesla Supercharging station that does me absolutely no good :(

They called me again today but I was in a meeting and could not talk. They keep telling me that they cannot go below $325 even though the initial quote was for $287 and this makes me real mad!!!!!

doing an experiment the other day left me at Oly Nissan about 3 am with nothing to do so I was wandering the lot counting LEAFs and glanced at a few stickers to see most had market adjustments of $3500. Wondering how many they sell with that on there? I was working at Ford's as a salesman and they had a handful of models with market adjustments on the sticker but never actually saw anybody pay it. wondered why they even bothered to put it on there

3 am experiment sounds interesting. :mrgreen:

No idea who would pay on top of MSRP. Most dealership are routinely at invoice or below.

Unless you don't like music OR seeing what's around the car when parking, don't get an SV with no Premium Package. They must make a few of them that way to be able to advertise it as a bargain. In your case it would be NO bargain.

mdxc90 said:
3 am experiment sounds interesting. :mrgreen:

No idea who would pay on top of MSRP. Most dealership are routinely at invoice or below.

ya, part two of experiment seeing how driving/charging habits can change the battery numbers combined with VERY weird working hours!

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2014/09/manipulating-battery-stats.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more data

http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com/2014/10/battery-stats-part-two.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The dealership called me today. They are down to $315 per month inclusive of State tax.

This is a Leaf SV, 3yr, 15K miles. Only thing due at signing is first month payment and $215 doc fee.

Is this a good deal? I hoping to get the car at $300. Is that even possible???

DaveinOlyWA said:
doing an experiment the other day left me at Oly Nissan about 3 am with nothing to do so I was wandering the lot counting LEAFs and glanced at a few stickers to see most had market adjustments of $3500. Wondering how many they sell with that on there? I was working at Ford's as a salesman and they had a handful of models with market adjustments on the sticker but never actually saw anybody pay it. wondered why they even bothered to put it on there

Not everyone is an INTERNET SHOPPER. We get over 1200 people a month who just walk in. MOST do not know what a "Market Adjustment" "MSRP" and "Invoice Price" is. As a salesman who makes commission off the overall gross of the vehicle, which would you rather start the negotiation off of? The Invoice, MSRP, or Market adjustment? Of course the M.A.

Just because you never saw anyone pay it doesnt mean there are people who havent paid it. We lose money on almost every Leaf we sell. But with the Market Adjustment on other vehicles it makes up for the loss and averages us out as a dealer.

MikeAtCerritos said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Not everyone is an INTERNET SHOPPER. We get over 1200 people a month who just walk in. MOST do not know what a "Market Adjustment" "MSRP" and "Invoice Price" is. As a salesman who makes commission off the overall gross of the vehicle, which would you rather start the negotiation off of? The Invoice, MSRP, or Market adjustment? Of course the M.A.

Just because you never saw anyone pay it doesnt mean there are people who havent paid it. We lose money on almost every Leaf we sell. But with the Market Adjustment on other vehicles it makes up for the loss and averages us out as a dealer.
With all due respect, Mike....if you lose money on almost every Leaf you sell, why do you keep selling them? :?

derkraut said:
MikeAtCerritos said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

With all due respect, Mike....if you lose money on almost every Leaf you sell, why do you keep selling them? :?

cause he is... well, never mind. Yes, as a car salesman I have seen "10 Baggers" (gross profit of $10,000) on trucks and what not and everyone high fiveing each other until the customer talks to his friends and co-workers and the CS surveys come back... ya, fun times

Still waiting for affirmation from another forum member who has recently leased an 2015 base SV in the North East to find out if my deal is good or not.

They are offering me $315/mo includes taxes. They reduced the payment from $325. It is a 3 yr/15K miles lease. Only thing due at signing is first month payment and doc fee of $215. Car has mud flaps and carpeted mats included.

Excellent? Good? Meh? Run away?? My wife keeps telling me to hold off for a lower price?? I don't know if I can do any better than this.

If this is an SV with no Premium Package, I'd pass. Unless you genuinely don't care about the package, and just want the heat pump and cruise control (which the S also has, now) you get with the base SV.

Back