2015 Nissan Leaf lease spreadsheet

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I recently leased 2015 Leaf and all dealers give different quotes and play with numbers. I put in all the costs in there and some explanation.

spreadsheet

You can make a copy and put in your values and compare what kind of quotes you are getting from different dealers and where they may be changing the numbers (e.g. residual, moneyfactor, doc fee etc) e.g. Most of them will ask $2500 down and the monthly rates looks better but don't be fooled and look at the overall cost.

Feedback welcome.

Nice spreadsheet.... I am considering leasing one myself and this is very helpful.

Any details on that $650 rebate you have listed in the sheet? Just want to know what to be asking for when I goto the dealer.

Thanks

wizardofyendor said:
BTW you are not factoring in the down payment into your monthly cost calculation. e.g. 2000 down/36 months.

Good catch. Thanks.
Added a new row to take into account the down payment to spread over the lease terms.
This is a really good way to compare what kind of deal you are getting (or look at the total cost over lease term)

wizardofyendor said:
Nice spreadsheet.... I am considering leasing one myself and this is very helpful.

Any details on that $650 rebate you have listed in the sheet? Just want to know what to be asking for when I goto the dealer.

Thanks

All the quotes I got from the dealers had the rebate (somehow in there). When you sign the paperwork there was an extra paper that I signed to assign the rebate. I'm sure the rebate amount will vary over time but you can ask any dealer what are the current lease incentives and some of them should tell you. I don't know if the rebate is still going on because Nissan incentives on the website don't mention it.

naveen said:
I recently leased 2015 Leaf and all dealers give different quotes and play with numbers. I put in all the costs in there and some explanation.

spreadsheet

You can make a copy and put in your values and compare what kind of quotes you are getting from different dealers and where they may be changing the numbers (e.g. residual, moneyfactor, doc fee etc) e.g. Most of them will ask $2500 down and the monthly rates looks better but don't be fooled and look at the overall cost.

Feedback welcome.

This is definitely a great spread sheet. The thing that the general public fails to see is that the dealership DOES NOT CONTROL things such as RESIDUAL and MONEY FACTOR. That is set by NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.). THAT changes month to month, car to car, and based on CREDIT (money factor part).

There should be a disclaimer or maybe people should be a littler more wise when referring to this spread sheet as I've already had customer approach me looking for a $176 a month payment, failing to see that that payment was AFTER the $2500 state rebate.

hsriser said:
Naveen,

I do not have access to Google Docs from workplace.

Will it be possible to host the spreadsheet somewhere else or attach it to the forum post?

Thanks.

You should be able to see this even if you don't have access to Google docs. The easiest way is to open the link in Icognito mode (in chrome) or in "private browsing". You should be able to see it without having a Google account (the fact that you are logged into a Google work account that doesn't have docs access is preventing your access to it). Once you see it, you can go to file menu and "Download As" Excel or other format you select. So as long as you have a browser and internet connection you should be able to see it.
Let me know if that doesn't work.

MikeAtCerritos said:
naveen said:

spreadsheet

Feedback welcome.

This is definitely a great spread sheet. The thing that the general public fails to see is that the dealership DOES NOT CONTROL things such as RESIDUAL and MONEY FACTOR. That is set by NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.). THAT changes month to month, car to car, and based on CREDIT (money factor part).

There should be a disclaimer or maybe people should be a littler more wise when referring to this spread sheet as I've already had customer approach me looking for a $176 a month payment, failing to see that that payment was AFTER the $2500 state rebate.

Thanks Mike. Good points. I have labeled the payment "after the state rebate".
For me the most confusing part was some quotes would say $X down and $Y/month and taxes and fees extra (that you have no idea how much they would come out to at the time of picking up the vehicle). And most people focus on $Y/month without realizing how the down payment effects the whole thing and if state taxes are included or not.

naveen said:
MikeAtCerritos said:
naveen said:

spreadsheet

Feedback welcome.

Thanks Mike. Good points. I have labeled the payment "after the state rebate".
For me the most confusing part was some quotes would say $X down and $Y/month and taxes and fees extra (that you have no idea how much they would come out to at the time of picking up the vehicle). And most people focus on $Y/month without realizing how the down payment effects the whole thing and if state taxes are included or not.

I noticed that label as well. Down payment definitely affects the whole outcome of payment. Out of curiosity I noticed a $650 rebate you have labeled from Nissan. My Nissan access does not show this rebate. Are you sure it is not a Dealer rebate or possible lease loyalty rebate?

MikeAtCerritos said:
spreadsheet

I noticed that label as well. Down payment definitely affects the whole outcome of payment. Out of curiosity I noticed a $650 rebate you have labeled from Nissan. My Nissan access does not show this rebate. Are you sure it is not a Dealer rebate or possible lease loyalty rebate?

Hmm.. I don't know. Three dealers in the bay area, had the same rebate in their quote. When I signed the paper to assign that rebate to the dealer I didn't read very carefully. It was last month so it may not be there now.

North Bay Nissan's now advertising 13% below MSRP for 2015 Leafs.
http://www.northbaynissan.com/leaf-pricing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And they confirmed that's before the $1000 loyalty discount, and $3500 NMAC (if financing) discount. That's way below invoice. How is that possible? You guys think that's legit?

ybitz said:
North Bay Nissan's now advertising 13% below MSRP for 2015 Leafs.
http://www.northbaynissan.com/leaf-pricing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And they confirmed that's before the $1000 loyalty discount, and $3500 NMAC (if financing) discount. That's way below invoice. How is that possible? You guys think that's legit?

I've bought two leafs from them and very happy. BTW, They don't add on other crap to make up for lower advertised price.

My 2015 Leaf just got delivered from Northbay Nissan, and sure enough, it was 13% below MSRP before other discounts! And no junk fees. Even with the $880 shipping cost from the Bay Area to San Diego, it was far cheaper than anywhere else. Delivered to my door :)

NC3jTEm.jpg

Congratulations! They came with the HOV stickers so you can use the car in the carpool lane right away.

Hard to believe that other local dealers are not willing to come close.

Yeah, the next closest offer was a few hundred dollars above invoice (before discounts), which was several thousand dollars above Northbay's 13% off MSRP offer. One dealer refused to believe its legitimacy when I told him about the 13% off msrp offer, and even called Northbay personally to verify. Even after that the local dealer refused to price match, saying it's too good to be true and that he would lose money by selling that much below invoice.

It IS a pretty amazing offer! And the other discounts on top of that! If I were to buy another Leaf, I'd give them serious thought!

naveen said:
Hard to believe that other local dealers are not willing to come close.

Well done. Shipped all the way to SD. Thanks for the trailiering fee. That's very helpful to me here in Bakersfield.

BTW. See you have Muhlenbergia (deer grass) in your yard. You must also know your plants.

Paul Gipe

Back