Dealer has a 2013 Leaf SL that I'm considering leasing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isorfir

Could someone help me figure out if this is a good deal? Also, is there a big difference between the 2013 vs 2015 that I should just consider ordering a 2015? (I live in Michigan for temp/driving conditions)

2013 Leaf SL, no additional packages.
  • Total Sale Price: $31,876
  • Total Rebates: $11,750.
  • Residual is $11,420.80.
  • The money factor is .0011.

State sales tax is 6%, no state rebates for EVs.

Total out the door price for a 36/mo, 15k mile lease with $0 down is $350/month.

I was getting in the $340s for a 2014 SL w/ Premium just recently for 36mon, 12k miles, $0 down. Our sales tax is 7.5%.

zelig2 said:
I was getting in the $340s for a 2014 SL w/ Premium just recently for 36mon, 12k miles, $0 down. Our sales tax is 7.5%.

Thanks zelig2 for the info. Do you know if your state has any rebates on top of the federal one?

That seems high to me. I leased my (new) 2013 SL with Premium this past April; $300/mo for 36mo, 12k, $0 down (I did pay title/misc fees). It was before MA started a state rebate, so it only included the federal rebate. Our state has 6.25% sales tax.

That does look like the MF I got (it worked out to $1.25/mo in interest). IIRC, the 15k lease they were offering me was about $320/mo (w/Premium).

The 2015s weren't out when I leased. If they were, I might have bought one. If you are leasing, I don't think you'll see much benefit to the 2015 over the 2013.

jlv said:
That seems high to me. I leased my (new) 2013 SL with Premium this past April; $300/mo for 36mo, 12k, $0 down (I did pay title/misc fees). It was before MA started a state rebate, so it only included the federal rebate. Our state has 6.25% sales tax.

That does look like the MF I got (it worked out to $1.25/mo in interest). IIRC, the 15k lease they were offering me was about $320/mo (w/Premium).

The 2015s weren't out when I leased. If they were, I might have bought one. If you are leasing, I don't think you'll see much benefit to the 2015 over the 2013.

Thank you for the info! Yes, compared to yours, it does seem high. I'd be happy with $300/mo, 12k, $0 down (even without premium) but the dealer said they've already applied everything they could to this and aren't making a dime on it. Assuming that's true, I don't know how they're going to move a '13 SL unless someone comes along and doesn't care.

I wish I knew some magic trick to get the price in line. I discussed VPP with them (even though I don't qualify) but they said this deal has more of a discount than VPP would have. :?

Oops... sorry, my bad. I'd forgotten that my numbers are for VPP pricing! That clearly affects the base price of the vehicle similarly to the state and federal rebates, which will definitely affect the lease rate.

jlv said:
Oops... sorry, my bad. I'd forgotten that my numbers are for VPP pricing! That clearly affects the base price of the vehicle similarly to the state and federal rebates, which will definitely affect the lease rate.

That makes sense. I believe if I was able to get VPP pricing I'd be able to get the Leaf within my budget, except I don't know how I would qualify. I have a sibling that is a military veteran but I don't think that would work.

Get an OBDII-to-Bluetooth adapter and install LEAF Spy and see how much degradation there is.

$31,876 for an SL that's been baking on the lot for over a year may or may not be a good deal. See what condition the battery is in first.

kubel said:
Get an OBDII-to-Bluetooth adapter and install LEAF Spy and see how much degradation there is.

$31,876 for an SL that's been baking on the lot for over a year may or may not be a good deal. See what condition the battery is in first.

Thanks kubel, I've ordered an OBDII and it is on the way. Could you point me to a good guide for me to understand if the battery is in good condition?

kubel said:

The problem is that the 2013 batteries don't give consistent readings with meters as the 2011/2012 batteries did. A 2013 battery that reads 63 Ah and 270 Gid at "100%" might be fine.

At least that's the impression I get from 2013/2014 owners with meters: the numbers don't line up precisely with overall range and fluctuate quite a bit.

Regardless, if the OP is leasing the car and has reasonable winter range expectations, it shouldn't matter much.

Back