Looking for a good dealer in Massachusetts for lease or buy!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkarolian

The title really says it all. I'm a highly motivated buyer looking to secure a leaf before labour day. I'd love to deal with a sales person or dealership that has treated you folks well.

I'm in the midst of negotiations now, I'll give you a full report by the end of the weèk.

There are 24 dealers in MA, are you willing to travel? What part of the state are you in?

Southern NH , CT, or RI dealers may also be useful. You don't have to buy in MA to qualify for the state rebate.

Figure out which model and options you want and start by emailing every dealer you're willing to travel to. With QC, you can look farther out.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
I'm in the midst of negotiations now, I'll give you a full report by the end of the weèk.

There are 24 dealers in MA, are you willing to travel? What part of the state are you in?

Southern NH , CT, or RI dealers may also be useful. You don't have to buy in MA to qualify for the state rebate.

Figure out which model and options you want and start by emailing every dealer you're willing to travel to. With QC, you can look farther out.

I've got no qualms traveling to get the right deal. I've been emailing but keep getting automated responses and even when I reply to them it still is a general boiler plate.

Would love to hear how you net out.

I leased from Jim McCall at Marlboro Nissan in April and had only good interactions with him and dealership. That's true even with my recent 3+ week outage for a warranty repair (which dragged on because Nissan doesn't have sufficient spare parts available, not because of the dealership). They were the only Nissan dealership I actually visited, as I only had email exchanges with others. At the time, there were lots of '13s and '14s around with great lease rates, which no longer appears to be the case.

(I think DNAinaGoodWay originally leased with Jim, too, and his current negotiations for a '15 are probably what you want to hear about)

I did lease from Jim in Marlboro two years ago, when LEAF sales were bottoming out, and they gave me a good firm offer by email and took my 11 year old Ford Focus wagon with 180k on it, (more range anxiety than a LEAF), as $2k down, sight unseen. I do like them, but this time around they're not giving me the best offer available.

It's so weird, trying to buy or lease a car. What other product, at a $30k price point, is so hard to nail down what they'll really sell it for? I love to negotiate, but sometimes it gives me a headache.

My best offer still seems promising, but until I sign, anything could happen, so stay tuned. If it falls apart, I think Labor Day will be a good bet. I've got three months to close on a deal, so it's early yet.
He'll, I can take two weeks to buy a toaster.

Country Nissan had a lot of '14s and even a '13 SL as of last week, but the GSM wouldn't give me firm numbers by email, and I'm not going out there if I don't have to, not yet. He never responded to my offer of $99/month, $2599 drive away for the 2013. Pity.

jlv, I would have gone for your 2013 if it was still there. Hope you got a good deal. Sorry about the heater crap.

mkarolian, with your low miles, you should lease, not buy, you'll need 36 months for MA rebate, and by 2017, the car offerings should be better. Most of the replies I got for a 3 yr, 12k, lease, top tier credit, with $1000 Leaf loyalty cash, $200 one to one rewards cash, VPP pricing (check to see if your firm is on the list) and 2500 cash at signing, were in the 230-250/ month range. Pretty average.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
230-250/ month range.
Is that for a S, SV, or SL?

My SL has the Premium Package; my 3yr 12K lease is for 300/mo with no money down (VPP pricing, and this was before the $2500 MA rebate).

(I've never leased before this; the one thing I like is that because of the exceptionally low lease rate they had on the '13 SL, I'm paying a total of $45 in interest over the whole lease, or exactly $1.25/mo!)

The heater repair sucked, but it's amazing how that fades away after driving my Leaf again for a day.

Jim McCall in Marlboro is still very up front. His prices should be better around Labor Day.

I didn't check anything East of there. Checked the Pioneer Valley, and the rest of central MA, but no luck.

Leased at Ron Bouchard's in Lancaster, Rt.2, details here.

Richard Lyons is a nice guy, no pressure at all, he's a year from retirement, also got some good help from Eli. They made me a firm offer by email and they stuck to it. They have a good internet crew.

They advertise leases with drive offs that include all taxes and fees.

Can't complain

Also looking for a Leaf lease in eastern mass. my commute to work is less than 20m each way, and this will be a second car so I'm looking for a good lease deal.

I'm noticing that allot of dealerships are monkeying with the Nissan Nov lease offer for 199 for $2300 down

some places have 109 a month, 3k down + fee's but i'm very wary of these deals. Seem like just a way to get you in the door to upsell or just tack on tons of fee's.
Im looking for an S with quick charge option or SV for 199 with little down (1k)

anyone recommend a good dealer?

They're all pretty much the same, you just have to play the game. This is a good time with Thanksgiving deals and the end of the month. End of December might even be better. Start emailing all of them and see what you can get.

Back