State tax credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikotromus11

Do you have to live in the state that offers the tax credit to get the credit, or do you just have to BUY the leaf in the state to get the credit?

Example: I live in Arkansas which offers no state credit. But, if I buy it in Georgia, will I get the $5,000 tax credit from Georgia?

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for your patients.

Ryan

nikotromus11 said:
Do you have to live in the state that offers the tax credit to get the credit, or do you just have to BUY the leaf in the state to get the credit?

Example: I live in Arkansas which offers no state credit. But, if I buy it in Georgia, will I get the $5,000 tax credit from Georgia?

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for your patients.

Ryan

For Georgia you have to Pay Taxes in Georgia to get the Credit. Its a TAX Credit, If you don't owe any taxes to Georgia then you will not get any money.

So you can Live in Arkansas and work in Georgia, then you are probably OK. Since you pay Income Taxes to GA.

(But that would be out of the Leaf's range for you commute...)

That is exactly what I thought, which is why I said "I probably dont know what I'm talking about". I figured a tax credit meant that I would need to accumulate taxes in that state.

Thanks a bunch.

Ryan

Back