Leasing a New Leaf assistance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rajbalwani

Hi everybody...I am new here and really hate to have to read all 210 pages for this thread. My wife has a SUV using about $300 of gas a month on a 66 mile RT commute to work everyday. Obviously the Leaf is a no brainer. We want to stick to the $200/month price if possible.

Can somebody break down all the terminology and what the current best deals are for lease.

We are located in the SF Bay Area so understand there are a lot of good deals. We are okay doing:

-3 year
-12k miles,
-no Quick Charge needed as nothing nearby
-no hard number for down payment (flexible)

What are some good local deals and some dealers/sales reps you have used and had good experience with and what I should expect?

Thanks...Fellow Bay Area Leaf Owners!

Here is the calculator you can use. For 200 dollars a month, Im guessing you should be sticking to a S, I would try and get the QC for sure, you will regret not getting it later. Remember, try and put in a Upgraded charger at your home to help with the charging overnight.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d28uqvkjemvq3m/car-lease-calculator.xls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

J

Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

Of the 66 miles, how much city vs. highway? Will she have the ability to charge at her work/destinations? Will you be charging at home at 120 volts, 240 volts or not at all?

You're going to go over the 12K miles a year if that car's driven every weekday 66 miles. You're going to need to either drive it less, pay overage or get a lease that allows for more miles.

You should put down $0 or close to $0, as common wisdom here is that if the car gets totaled, you get none of the down payment back. I put down $0. Don't worry about making the monthly payment low by paying a big down payment. What matters is the total cost of the lease over its life.

You should put down $0 or close to $0, as common wisdom here is that if the car gets totaled, you get none of the down payment back. I put down $0. Don't worry about making the monthly payment low by paying a big down payment. What matters is the total cost of the lease over its life.

Yes. If you have a down payment in mind, just divide that into 36, and add the result to the monthly payment you are willing to make. The *only* advantage to putting money down for a lower payment is it can pay off if you want to extend the lease when it ends. (I'll be doing this, hopefully.) But you then also have to worry about the car being totaled...

As for looking for deals, try for a car with Premium Package (if an SV) or other add-ons (S model) but no QC. Even where there are no QC stations the cars with QC sell first, so you can get a better deal on one without it. I got a nice SV without QC, but with the Premium Package, for $149 a month, with $2k plus tax ($3k total) down. Premium is worth it, mainly because the All Around View camera system is wonderful for parking. The Bose stereo is also nice.

Yes, I love the Around View Monitor and am enjoying the Bose stereo, even though I'm no fan of Bose.

I've gone back and forth about whether the QC port was a waste of money. It was at first, then was marginal and now it's looking like a waste of $ for me, for my use cases.

Never have leased a car before - we have always purchased used with no financing. This is very different. We want to lease before we commit to ev for the long haul. Having said that, we don't know if this is a good deal or not so we are coming to the experts. What do you all think?

State : TX
Sales tax % :
Leaf Trim, options : S, Quick charge pkg
MSRP : $32,025
Invoice : (if you know)
Negotiated Price : $27,991
Taxes, Title, Registration : 1,898
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) :158.75
Money Factor :
Downpayment : $0
Monthly payment : $339 a month

36 month lease
18k miles.

My suggestion is to negotiate on the purchase price of the vehicle, not on the monthly payments.

For help with calculations, see this:
http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click the link to the calculator on the bottom. Next to each field is a description of what all the terminology means. Don't go into a deal without doing the calculations yourself.

My suggestion is to negotiate on the purchase price of the vehicle, not on the monthly payments.

My advice is the exact opposite, especially if you have no plans to purchase the car you lease when the lease ends. Negotiate either monthly payment with zero down (the safest option) or use the total of monthly payments for the term of the lease, plus any down payment. You can negotiate a good purchase price and still get nailed with fees, but if you work with the payment/downpayment total, with everything 'rolled into' the monthly payment, they can't really screw you without your consent.

Back