Would you buy this Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slxslx

Hi all

I have offer for "new" Leaf produced 13.12.2012. (in Japan)
Car have 0 km and last 6 digits VIN code is 016597.
It was stored on the open parking lot.

Would you buy year and a half old "new" Leaf?

Thanks for your opinion.

BR,
Alen

Have a the (a) Nissan dealer do a check on it. You need to know the condition of the battery and all other systems before even considering a purchase or making an offer.

The main item of concern would be the battery and how well it was cared for. There are any number of OBDII devices available now to get the car's internal representation of battery capacity and health. Whether or not it's a good deal depends on battery status and price, and any cosmetic effects from sitting in the sun. Also check under the hood for any signs of vermin nesting or chewing on wires. Tires need to be checked for roundness. Being stationary for long periods of time can cause flat spots.

Not sure about the VIN code. Mine is also in 16000 range and it was manufactured (Japan) in October 2011.

Also, I'm curious about the odometer. Even brand-new they should have at least a few Km?

I agree with everyone here about the car being checked thoroughly for its proper working and the battery is the most important part. You can also have a look here to know about everything related to this car before buying it.

Also the car has been sitting for almost 2 years. Capacity loss is probably in the 8 to 15% range.
8% would be the best case if the car is stored in a cool place will 30% level of charge.

If you drive a lot 20K miles / year and live in a warm place you have a chance the get a new battery on the warranty.

This car should be interesting if the discount over a new Leaf is more than 6K$. (Price to change the battery).

Also I would not trust the capacity annouced by the BMS unless the car is driven for a couple of weeks. It will take time for the BMS to learn the state of the battery.

Back