walkinwolk
Delivery Date: 12 Oct 2012

Re: A Note From A Leaf Salesman

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:51 am

apvbguy wrote:
walkinwolk wrote: it reminded me we would be supporting a company that treats it's employees poorly. I've already test driven a CR V, so I suppose that will be what we get.

you are in error, the dealerships are privately held businesses that hold franchises from Nissan. Nissan doesn't treat the salesmen poorly the owners of the dealerships do. you are misplacing your anger onto Nissan when you should be angry at individual dealerships

The corporation sets the terms and conditions under which dealerships can sell their products. If they are all requiring these surveys, it must be coming from Nissan.

apvbguy
Delivery Date: 10 Apr 2013

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:26 am

walkinwolk wrote:
apvbguy wrote:
walkinwolk wrote: it reminded me we would be supporting a company that treats it's employees poorly. I've already test driven a CR V, so I suppose that will be what we get.

you are in error, the dealerships are privately held businesses that hold franchises from Nissan. Nissan doesn't treat the salesmen poorly the owners of the dealerships do. you are misplacing your anger onto Nissan when you should be angry at individual dealerships

The corporation sets the terms and conditions under which dealerships can sell their products. If they are all requiring these surveys, it must be coming from Nissan.

you are correct about the surveys being from nissan, however how a salesman is treated is on the dealership
WARNING This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:06 am

there are few if any jobs that deal with customers that do not require surveys of one type or another. In my current job, we get two surveys. One is based on perception of respect, courtesy, and professionalism; IOW, a popularity poll.
The other is based on knowledge, efficiency, etc...

its funny that the higher I move in the company, the more people I have to suck up too...
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blimpy
Delivery Date: 0- 0-2014

Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 pm

You have no idea how much better this makes me feel about buying used, and probably off a corner lot !
2016 SV purchased 11/2/16 With Subsidies From Sonoma Clean Power, North Sonoma Air Pollution Control District, Evergreen, and State of California, and $15,000 in discounts from Jim Bone Nissan Santa Rosa California. :D Color Me GRATEFUL Long Time Coming !

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:17 pm

What a coincidence that this thread popped up again. I just listened to an interesting podcast a couple of days ago where a dealership allowed a group of reporters to come in and learn about how their business works. The podcast is "This American Life", and it's the most recent episode:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/podcast

Direct link to the .mp3 of the episode:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/podcast
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:08 am

Nubo wrote:... I just listened to an interesting podcast a couple of days ago where a dealership allowed a group of reporters to come in and learn about how their business works. The podcast is "This American Life", and it's the most recent episode:

Really Great. Thanks Nubo.

Having spent more time at dealership charging the past eight months, it is striking how difficult it is to make a living selling cars.
There really is an art to it, which the story highlights.
One young salesman only been doing it four years always sells twice as many as all the other salespeople.
Makes $100,000 per year, while the others make $60,000.
Mind boggling :?

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”