Requirements to be a "certified Leaf dealer" chargers etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

Can one of the Nissan dealers here please lay out what Nissan has required you to do to become certified: training, charger install etc.

Can you scan or post the documents or just list them here?

thank you

I believe the list would look something like:

L2 Chargers
Dedicated service bays with isolation / partiitioning
Special tools / test equipment for servicing
Special lift for car that leaves battery area open
Special battery removal scissor lift
Special pallet jack to move battery pack around
Training for Service staff
Training for Sales staff

etc

Other items?

Randy I think you just about covered it. You need a special table to put the battery on, and chargers in 3 different areas. In a delivery area, in the svc bays, and one for overnight charging for car that may have just come in that is neither delivery or in the svc bay.

I attended a function today with a couple of local Nissan dealers. They told me that Nissan is also asking (making?) all Certified Leaf Dealers to make at least one charging dock available to any Leaf on the road. I like that one!

Randy3 said:
I attended a function today with a couple of local Nissan dealers. They told me that Nissan is also asking (making?) all Certified Leaf Dealers to make at least one charging dock available to any Leaf on the road. I like that one!
That will mean there should be at least a few public chargers in the Philly area to show on the LEAF's nav screen when I get my LEAF next year.

I also attended the Fresno Central Valley Air Board meeting yesterday. I want to know which dealers will be installing level 3 charging capacity. The dealership manager for Nissan of Clovis was there with another staff person. They indicated that they would be installing level 2. Incidentally, they stayed the entire time, asked pertinent questions and appeared to want to make their customers' experience smooth with clear information on many topics.

The 3 staff from Lithia Nissan of Fresno were also in attendance, but they left before the presentation was all the way over. They did not ask any pertinent questions, and two in fact were giggling in the very back row from time to time. I doubt they will know how to help their customers with knowing anything about electric cars (i.e. how to drive them, all the rebates available, where to charge them beyond home garages, etc). One did offer that they were planning to install level 3 charging. Again, I doubt he truly knows.

During a phone call, a sales person from Nissan of Modesto told me that they were going to install level 3 charging. I am dubious about this claim as well. As we learned in the workshop, it is very expensive - possibly an additional $20,000 to install. I am sure more accurate information will be available the closer the dealers get to building out and receiving cars. A 30 minute charge time really works for me to get longer distances gas-free!

Back