2014 LEAF S + Charge Package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdaunno

I have a local dealer that will do $285/month for 24 month lease, 24K miles, $0 down, all-inclusive, VPP pricing. This is for a 2014 S with Charge package. Is this a good deal or can I do better? Would waiting until the end of the month (almost here) or end of the quarter make a difference?

Thanks,
-Paul

Monthly figures are difficult to say good or bad because when you looking at the monthly cost, it obfuscates the purchase price and hidden fees of the vehicle. You're breaking what is hundreds of dollars into pennies. There's not enough resolution. It's better to get a wider view and determine the purchase price of the vehicle, and negotiate on that instead of the payments.

Go here:
http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go to Calculator, fill in the blanks. You can get a better understanding of what they are charging you for and how it compares to what other people are paying when you look at it this way.

kubel said:
Monthly figures are difficult to say good or bad because when you looking at the monthly cost, it obfuscates the purchase price and hidden fees of the vehicle. You're breaking what is hundreds of dollars into pennies. There's not enough resolution. It's better to get a wider view and determine the purchase price of the vehicle, and negotiate on that instead of the payments.

Go here:
http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go to Calculator, fill in the blanks. You can get a better understanding of what they are charging you for and how it compares to what other people are paying when you look at it this way.

If you don't have any intention of buying the car, comparing the basic lease parameters (lease & mileage allowance) should b enough. If you can't find $0 down leases to compare, then the calculator is the way to go. In the above case I'd at least try for a higher mileage allowance for the same price. A lot of people seem to drive 13k miles per year instead of 12, so I'd try getting them to up it to 26k miles at the same price.

I did some additional shopping and negotiating and have a deal now for $260 all-inclusive (taxes, tags, title) with only the disposition fee at the end if I turn the car in. The plan is to go to the dealership tomorrow to sign and drive :D .

I got similar deal, 24 month lease.
From my research its a decent deal.
If you have never leased before make sure the lease person explains every fee and try ( lol ) to get some removed.

Hello Everyone,

First time over here. Need to pick my Leaf tomorrow evening.
I have the following quotes form the dealer.
Nissan 2014 Leaf S, with quick charge. for 232 + Tax for 36 months , with 15 K per year. with 0 down

Do you think it's a steal.. If it is I will confirm first thing in the morning with them.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Aryanc

We currently have a 2 year 24K lease on a 2012 SL due to expire in 8 months. We put $4000 down and pay $99.45/month. Yesterday evening we got an email stating the local dealer would get us into a comparable lease on a 2013/14 Leaf. The long and short of it is that with $2999 down and $199/month we could get a 2014 SL with LED lights and the charging option, 15K/miles per year for 24months. This was with "credit" for our current lease equity. It took several hours to get to this conclusion. I think this is the same lease folks can get coming off the street for the first time. :lol:

As a side note, the dealer has over ten 2013 SL's on the lot as new 2014's are being trucked in. My guess is maybe these might go on a fire sale, but likely I'm seeing an anomaly. ;)

Aryanc wrote above that he/she received the following quote for a 36-month lease on a Nissan 2014 Leaf S with quick charge:

- $232 plus tax per month
- Zero down
- 15,000 miles per year

That strikes me as a good deal. Aryanc, was it really zero down or was it $2,500 down offset by the $2,500 California rebate? Were there any drive-off fees or other fees (including any back-end fees)? If no other fees and if there was no down payment, then the total cost for the three years is just $8,352 plus tax.

What other deal are people closing for 36-month leases in 2014 Leaf S with quick charge? When you reply, please include everything you were charged, indicate what was subject to tax, and also not what rebates (if any) you will receive. Thanks!

Hi Gregory
I bought the car on Feb 27.
This is what I got.
235 instead of 232 because I wanted the color gun metal for 2014 leaf S. That comes with a trunk tray and floor mats.
I don't have the paperwork with me,handy , but it came to $ 256 (including tax) and some change. I am also vpp.
So zero down and 15 k miles for 3 years.
I am applying for California's rebate today by reserving the fund on their online website.
Nobody compelled me but I Also got their 3 years maintanence package for 600.00
They were asking 799.00

Hope this helps

aryanc said:
Hi Gregory
I bought the car on Feb 27.
This is what I got.
235 instead of 232 because I wanted the color gun metal for 2014 leaf S. That comes with a trunk tray and floor mats.
I don't have the paperwork with me,handy , but it came to $ 256 (including tax) and some change. I am also vpp.
So zero down and 15 k miles for 3 years.
I am applying for California's rebate today by reserving the fund on their online website.
Nobody compelled me but I Also got their 3 years maintanence package for 600.00
They were asking 799.00

Hope this helps

Hi Aryanc, that's an incredible deal! Did you have to pay anything at the dealership when you sign? Are you only paying $256 a month for 35 payments? Thanks!

Hi Paul,

Could you please share your dealer's contact info? This sounds like a good deal and I am also interested in talking with them. My email address is mike.bohur g mail.

Thanks so much.

pdaunno said:
I did some additional shopping and negotiating and have a deal now for $260 all-inclusive (taxes, tags, title) with only the disposition fee at the end if I turn the car in. The plan is to go to the dealership tomorrow to sign and drive :D .

Hello Everyone,

I am here to help.
got it from Hayward Nissan, CA - 2014 Nissan Leaf S
I am paying 235 ( Not inclusive of tax) for 36 months (zero down). I just paid the first month. will also be paying the disposition fee at the end.
also took their maintenance and preventive maintenance for any dings and scratches which was i Believe a 1000 Extra (just for piece of mind) They didn't got me into it. My wife just wanted piece for the 36 months. This price is not inclusive of 256.32 that i pay per month for the car only(which comes 235 + Tax)

Did an extensive search throughout the bay area, this was the best i could find. The rest of the dealerships were just waste of time.

Sale price from the software they used was 26800.00
Deal fees - 311.25
Doc Fee 80.00
Acq Fee - 595
Miles - 15k per year.

aryanc said:
Hello Everyone,

I am here to help.
I am paying 235 ( Not inclusive of tax) for 36 months (zero down). I just paid the first month. will also be paying the disposition fee at the end.
also took their maintenance and preventive maintenance for any dings and scratches which was i Believe a 1000 Extra (just for piece of mind) They didn't got me into it. My wife just wanted piece for the 36 months. This price is not inclusive of 256.32 that i pay per month for the car only(which comes 235 + Tax)

Did an extensive search throughout the bay area, this was the best i could find. The rest of the dealerships were just waste of time.

Deal fees - 311.25
Doc Fee 80.00
Acq Fee - 595
Miles - 15k per year.

Thanks for the info! For only paying $256 when driving off the lot, this is a great deal - comes out to be $9221 for the duration of the lease, with 15k miles. I can't even get a dealer to match that here in LA for 12k miles.

okdl said:
aryanc said:
Hello Everyone,

I am here to help.

Deal fees - 311.25
Doc Fee 80.00
Acq Fee - 595
Miles - 15k per year.

Thanks for the info! For only paying $256 when driving off the lot, this is a great deal - comes out to be $9221 for the duration of the lease, with 15k miles. I can't even get a dealer to match that here in LA for 12k miles.

Thank you aryanc and okdl. I just started to look as the Leaf or Volt as the lease numbers started to make sense for me. I have not contacted any dealer in SoCal but aryanc's deal was a great one, just hope it can be replicated in SoCal.

LeftieBiker said:
It seems like a good, if not great, deal. Remember that the S model has no Cruise Control, and can't have it added, though.

Living with a 2013 S model with QC since May and also reading about early adopter problems in another thread, I think you've made a great choice, cruise control or not! Most of the early adopter problems are related to initial versions of the car or are related to upscale trim levels.

I just love my car and enjoy comparing efficiencies with my Volt co-worker.

Woosie said:
LeftieBiker said:
It seems like a good, if not great, deal. Remember that the S model has no Cruise Control, and can't have it added, though.

Living with a 2013 S model with QC since May and also reading about early adopter problems in another thread, I think you've made a great choice, cruise control or not! Most of the early adopter problems are related to initial versions of the car or are related to upscale trim levels.

I just love my car and enjoy comparing efficiencies with my Volt co-worker.

Who needs cruise control, how far can you go anyway? :eek:
Most my driving is around town.
When we go shopping it's about 25 miles each way. :shock:

2014 Leaf S with quick charge package, SF bay area lease deal:

I have got an offer for leasing which I think is a too good to be true deal. It is a VPP offer and written in email. i want to know if I am missing anything.

Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12000 per year, 0.15 per mile over allowance
Model: S with Quick charge, Red
Payment: 234$ pm including taxes. 0 down.
1000 off invoice VPP.

Basically everything is rolled un into monthly costs, taxes, DMV etc etc. I pay 36 x 234 $ in 36 months. = 8424$. I will get 2500 rebate from CA. Monthly cost will become 165$ (8424 - 2500 = 5924, 5924/36 = 165)

guzzler said:
2014 Leaf S with quick charge package, SF bay area lease deal:

Term: 36 months
Mileage: 12000 per year, 0.15 per mile over allowance
Model: S with Quick charge, Red
Payment: 234$ pm including taxes. 0 down.
1000 off invoice VPP.
Basically everything is rolled un into monthly costs, taxes, DMV etc etc. I pay 36 x 234 $ in 36 months. = 8424$. I will get 2500 rebate from CA. Monthly cost will become 165$ (8424 - 2500 = 5924, 5924/36 = 165)

Hey guzzler, where are you getting this deal? PM me the dealership name please. thanks a lot!

Back