Leasing a leaf in TX (Dallas)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamekid2k

If anyone leased a leaf in TX please share how much you paid.

Recently I got a quote for 2013 S model for 12k mile (36 mo) for total down payment of $5000 (TTL included) and $199 a month in Dallas. This seems a bit excessive to me.

thanks

gamekid2k said:
If anyone leased a leaf in TX please share how much you paid.

Recently I got a quote for 2013 S model for 12k mile (36 mo) for total down payment of $5000 (TTL included) and $199 a month in Dallas. This seems a bit excessive to me.

thanks
that down payment is extremely excessive, $2k and under seems to be the going rate

Is the very high $5k caused by the fact that in Texas (IIRC) sales tax is due on the total cost of the vehicle, not just the difference between cap cost and residual ?

LEAFer said:
Is the very high $5k caused by the fact that in Texas (IIRC) sales tax is due on the total cost of the vehicle, not just the difference between cap cost and residual ?

Correct. Sales Tax is based on total cost of the vehicle (not residual). What are my choices? Can I drive up to the next state and lease it to avoid 6.5% tax on $21,000?

Go to McKinney Nissan and ask for $2K + 199/ month for an SV, or $2K + 175/month for an S, for 12K miles and no disposition fee. You should actually bargain for something less than this. I got that deal for three of my friends in March.

Send me a PM if you need help connecting to the right sales person in there.

mkjayakumar said:
Go to McKinney Nissan and ask for $2K + 199/ month for an SV, or $2K + 175/month for an S, for 12K miles and no disposition fee. You should actually bargain for something less than this. I got that deal for three of my friends in March.

Send me a PM if you need help connecting to the right sales person in there.

This does NOT include TTL (Title, Tax, Lic) right?

There are plenty of dealerships in DFW, so price check and play the game to get a lower rate. There are 15, so if you don't like one dealership's offer go to another. Plenty of competition to offer you a good price.

ok confirmed my friend went to McKinney Nissan and got $2K + 199/ month for an SV.

So be careful which Nissan dealer you go to in Dallas area. Some are good deal others are rip off. If the conversation starts like "The car is very hard to get, I may get you one with $1000 delivery charge" just run away. Its all lies. Nissan want to sell as many as they can.

gamekid2k said:
ok confirmed my friend went to McKinney Nissan and got $2K + 199/ month for an SV.

So be careful which Nissan dealer you go to in Dallas area. Some are good deal others are rip off. If the conversation starts like "The car is very hard to get, I may get you one with $1000 delivery charge" just run away. Its all lies. Nissan want to sell as many as they can.

Just to verify -- the sales taxes included in the down payment? And his actual monthly payment is $199?

jhm614 said:
gamekid2k said:

Just to verify -- the sales taxes included in the down payment? And his actual monthly payment is $199?

Yes, $2000 down and $199 is ALL INCLUSIVE of Tax, Title, and License fees (included in the down payment). There were no other charges (only $350 deposition fee when lease will end).

Greetings! I am also in the Dallas area and looking into the possibility of a Leaf lease. Could you please forward me the contact info for McKinney Nissan.

Also, my employer (Texas Instruments) has a partnership deal with Nissan and I should be getting some kind of discount. Is this a standard discount, and if so, how much should I expect?

-Alan

alamojo said:
Greetings! I am also in the Dallas area and looking into the possibility of a Leaf lease. Could you please forward me the contact info for McKinney Nissan.

Also, my employer (Texas Instruments) has a partnership deal with Nissan and I should be getting some kind of discount. Is this a standard discount, and if so, how much should I expect?

OK, I figured out the employer discount is the VPP program, so the price is invoice-$1000.

I leased my S, plus charging package, for $235/mo with $3000 down. TT&L was not included in the $2000 down, so added an additional thousand to the down payment. Maybe I got screwed.

Jim said:
I leased my S, plus charging package, for $235/mo with $3000 down. TT&L was not included in the $2000 down, so added an additional thousand to the down payment. Maybe I got screwed.

I think you paid at least $1000 extra in this deal, specially because it is S not SL model.

I did some research on Tax and found out that for ANY car leased in Texas, the tax can either be paid by the leasing company and/or passed onto the person leasing the vehicle. However most dealer try to make an impression that the person leasing must pay it. This is not true and there is no such rule. That state just wants to collect the tax and the state doesn't care who pays it. So the tax is definitely negotiable during leasing.

I'm so sick of the stealer ship model. Can't wait until Tesla goes mainstream and flips this around.

Back