VPP program for Leaf 2013 : Invoice - $1,000

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

[creating a new sticky thread on this, since the question comes up frequently]

Nissan Leaf 2013 is under VPP program that lets you buy or lease Leaf, haggle free, for invoice - $1,000.

http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp_benefits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The VPP program enables Nissan employee family members, friends and select business associates/suppliers to purchase new Nissan or Infiniti vehicles at a pre-negotiated below invoice pricing.

• The VPP program provides a "No-Haggle" purchase experience.
• All Rebates, NMAC lease specials, and APRs are still applicable.
• Nissan has one of the most competitive VPP programs in the entire auto industry.

See if the company you work for is a business partner of Nissan. There are nearly 2,900 companies listed now.

http://insidenissan.programhq.com/ba_search.psp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VPP
VPP Questions/Concerns: 800-833-4856 Option 3
(Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 Central Time)

VPP process questions can be emailed to:

Nissan: [email protected]

http://www.insidenissan.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nsps said:
Congrats! I'm jealous. What did the price work out to be?

I'll check the paperwork when I get home and will post the exact figures, but it worked out to being a 24 month lease at $249/mo with $960 due at signing (includes first payment). It's a 2013 SL with splash guards, cargo net, and floor/trunk mats. No premium package.

jimmyz80 said:
nsps said:

I'll check the paperwork when I get home and will post the exact figures, but it worked out to being a 24 month lease at $249/mo with $960 due at signing (includes first payment). It's a 2013 SL with splash guards, cargo net, and floor/trunk mats. No premium package.

If you could post the exact numbers that would be great. I'm looking to do a 24 month VPP lease and would love to end up with a similar deal.

Was there a trade-in involved?

Sublime said:
jimmyz80 said:
nsps said:

If you could post the exact numbers that would be great. I'm looking to do a 24 month VPP lease and would love to end up with a similar deal.

Was there a trade-in involved?

Nope this was with no trade involved, and I didn't have to negotiate at all. They offered this deal right off the bat.

Is this new to the LEAF for 2013? Or was it available also for 2011 & 2012?
I'm also wondering if this is an on-going program... for our next generation LEAF with greater range :) ? 2014? 2015? :D
Spoiled with the LEAF. Hoping we and kids won't have to drive ICE or hybrids if possible!

OK I just got home and pulled out the paperwork from our purchase.

MSRP Including Destination: $36,030
Invoice Including Destination: $33,750
VPP Price Including Destination: $32,750
+$595 Lease Acquisition Fee
-$7499.99 Federal Tax Credit
=25,845.01 Cost of Vehicle Being Leased

$960.89 due at signing, which included the first payment of $249.74

jimmyz80 said:

OMG, they ripped you off for a penny! :eek:

what is the breakdown of your payments? interest/principle wise

what is term and mileage?

DaveinOlyWA said:
jimmyz80 said:

LOL yeah I saw that too. :) I think I'll manage to survive...

Where would I see the breakdown of the payments? I just see a total monthly payment listed, and that's it. The terms are 24 months, and 12,000 miles/year. 36 months would have been slightly more expensive per month based on the residuals.

I got VPP on my lease of a 2012 SL. This was part of the package they put together for my trade in of my purchased 2011, which lost a capacity bar at only 6,771 miles despite impeccable charging and driving habits. NNA intervened with the dealer after I filed a BBB complaint.

jimmyz80 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
jimmyz80 said:

LOL yeah I saw that too. :) I think I'll manage to survive...

Where would I see the breakdown of the payments? I just see a total monthly payment listed, and that's it. The terms are 24 months, and 12,000 miles/year. 36 months would have been slightly more expensive per month based on the residuals.

should have total payment plus "rent" charge (same as interest) divided by term length plus sales tax. what is your normal state sales tax?

and i agree with 2 year term. EV capabilities will be exploding within the next 2 years. better range and better prices.

DaveinOlyWA said:
should have total payment plus "rent" charge (same as interest) divided by term length plus sales tax. what is your normal state sales tax?

and i agree with 2 year term. EV capabilities will be exploding within the next 2 years. better range and better prices.

OK I see what you're talking about now:

Depreciation = $3506.41
Rent = $2312.87

Base Monthly = $242.47
Monthly Tax = $7.27
Total Monthly = $249.74

I believe our tax rate on vehicles here is only 3%.

DesertDenizen said:
I got VPP on my lease of a 2012 SL. This was part of the package they put together for my trade in of my purchased 2011, which lost a capacity bar at only 6,771 miles despite impeccable charging and driving habits. NNA intervened with the dealer after I filed a BBB complaint.

Thanks for your info. Wow, I hope the 2012 will work out and that the lease helps shave off worries.

DesertDenizen said:

What was the VPP lease on the 2012 SL? I'm looking into leasing one now, so that'd be a great comparison. Did you do 36 months or 24 months?

nsps said:
DesertDenizen said:

What was the VPP lease on the 2012 SL? I'm looking into leasing one now, so that'd be a great comparison. Did you do 36 months or 24 months?

24 month lease, I put zero down and pay a total of $210 per month, and NNA augmented the amount the dealer was willing to pay on the trade in. As noted in my prior post, this was not a typical scenario.

First post, but long-time lurker here....

I'm trying to figure out if I can be eligible for the VPP program, but I'm not quite sure. My brother is an active duty physician in the Navy and I'm not sure if he can "gift" me a VPP code. Does anyone know if that's possible?

Thanks!

I leased my LEAF SV with VPP last night. The tax situation in GA right now has you paying tax up front so my numbers would be of no value to anyone.

I wanted to share my opinion that you should not sweat choosing a dealer when you have VPP. Find the car you want and just go to that dealer with your voucher. The dealer really has no wiggle room from what I can tell. For instance, before presenting the voucher the dealer I used had all sorts of dealer "options" (wheel locks, paint treatment) and excessive doc fees, marketing fees, etc. The quote the day before I brought in the voucher was out there. You give them the voucher and all those things go away.

Sublime said:
I leased my LEAF SV with VPP last night. The tax situation in GA right now has you paying tax up front so my numbers would be of no value to anyone.

I wanted to share my opinion that you should not sweat choosing a dealer when you have VPP. Find the car you want and just go to that dealer with your voucher. The dealer really has no wiggle room from what I can tell. For instance, before presenting the voucher the dealer I used had all sorts of dealer "options" (wheel locks, paint treatment) and excessive doc fees, marketing fees, etc. The quote the day before I brought in the voucher was out there. You give them the voucher and all those things go away.

I'd add that they seem to be pretty happy about doing VPP deals. As soon as I mentioned who I worked for, they practically bent over backwards for me to get me the exact car I wanted, with zero haggling.

Back