New Pricing On 2013 LEAFs Nissan Offers UpTo $5,500 Off 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottf200

In Anticipation Of New Pricing On 2013 LEAFs Nissan Offers Up To $5,500 Off 2012s
49 mins ago by Jay Cole 0

Very soon Nissan will announce 2013 LEAF pricing on North American produced electric cars. Which means very soon you can get a longer range LEAF, for less money, as the S Model (not Model S) will be offered for sale starting in the first quarter of 2013.

And with new features, option and pricing across the entire LEAF lineup (SL, SV, S) the 2012s really have to get out of the dealerships.
<snip>

http://insideevs.com/in-anticipation-of-new-pricing-on-2013-leafs-nissan-offers-up-to-5500-off-2012s/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like this would be applicable when calculating lease rates as well?

Just as a random thing that I buried in the article, Nissan Canada is running a program in line with the US one, but not quite as good.

$5,000 off

I will wait for the EPA figures before I believe that the 2013 is a "longer range Leaf" in any meaningful sense. Hoping, but still waiting.

Stoaty said:
I will wait for the EPA figures before I believe that the 2013 is a "longer range Leaf" in any meaningful sense. Hoping, but still waiting.
Depends on what you mean by "any meaningful sense". For some even 10% is meaningful and for others nothing less than 50% is.

I expect a 5 to 10% improvement.

So are people seeing any better lease numbers in december? I was hoping as info of 2013 leaves trickle in there would be some better deals showing up.

On the other hand, with the new $5500 off sale price, does it make more sense to purchase than lease?

evnow said:
You mean in the deserts :p
Where were you the last six months? :roll:

UhovCb

surfingslovak said:
evnow said:
Cool graph that I don't really understand - I've to check the data before saying anything. Anyway, not the right thread.

ps : Last six months I've been too busy with a newborn ;)

evnow said:
Cool graph that I don't really understand - I've to check the data before saying anything.
You can read all about it on the Wiki:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battery_Capacity_Loss#Battery_Aging_Model" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battery_Capacity_Loss#Nissan.27s_Responses_and_Actions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see my thread of December 1st incentives ;) kind of outlines how much of a discount you can get. $5500 won't apply to the leases because it would essentially give you a $10/month lease lol. However did get handed a piece of paper saying there is a bonus $1050 for leasing now on top of the original $8025 which should get folks lease payments dragged back into the low/mid 200s with $0 down.

surfingslovak said:
evnow said:

UhovCb

I've posted in the battery model thread on how inaccurate this model is for my car.

Looks like it is probably even more inaccurate for Dave. Is there anyone in Seattle for whom the model holds ?

Back