End of Lease Strategies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ tifighter - you should totally take that into your local dealership, act really excited, and tell them you want to get that $0 discount quickly before Nissan changes its mind! :lol:

Bufordleaf said:
@ tifighter - you should totally take that into your local dealership, act really excited, and tell them you want to get that $0 discount quickly before Nissan changes its mind! :lol:
Not sure when next generation nissan leaf will be fully auto-driving, but NMAC has been an auto-driving department already!

anyone heard updates in NMAC July offer?

jjgilham said:
June 2nd - I spoke to NMC today regarding my 2013 SV. . For June, The "incentive" to purchase is $3000 and they are also offering a 6-month lease extension at original terms. Really kicking myself for not taking the $7500 incentive in April.

Hi all,
I just called Nissan today July 6th. Their offer is $4500 for the month of July. My lease will end late September. Thus I have 2 more months to decide. Good luck to everyone.

xpan said:
Not sure when next generation nissan leaf will be fully auto-driving, but NMAC has been an auto-driving department already!

Nissan has been discussing its auto driving plans for sometime now. I think, they plan to roll out 1st gen semi - autonomous in 2017 model year not specific to Leaf), and are predicting fully autonomous driving by 2020.

My lease on a 2015 ends in Sept. I called today to get the July offer. For the 15, they said it was $3000 discount.

Was the $4500 you quoted for a 2015 or 2014?

2015 Leaf now has a buyout offer of $3,000.

Wish it was more... I went in and tried to get this lower but no dice yet. My lease is up on July 20, so I don't have that many options.

I could keep going month by month at the current lease rate to see if the buyout will increase....

tifighter said:
If you want to purchase your Leaf vehicle we are currently offering a discount of up to $0 on your qualified Leaf vehicle.

Up to $0? Is it possible to have a negative discount? :lol:

eastatlantaleaf said:
2015 Leaf now has a buyout offer of $3,000.

Wish it was more... I went in and tried to get this lower but no dice yet. My lease is up on July 20, so I don't have that many options.

I could keep going month by month at the current lease rate to see if the buyout will increase....

I ended up extending the lease another year with 2 payments being paid by Nissan, so the overall Lease payment is down to $249 with the depreciation per month at $249.

Pretty much gives me a no cost option to see how much that NMAC cash back will increase on the 15 Leaf. I am guessing it will go through the roof once the 2017 Leaf hits the market.

I did the three year on my 15 and it's up next July. Hoping the 17's are at least visible by then so maybe NMAC will just about give me the car.

$3000 is not nearly good enough. Kind of glad I did go with the 3 year so I'm not stuck dealing with the headaches of wheeling and dealing right now.

viethoc said:
Nissan's offer of $4500 is for a 2013 Leaf. Thank you.

Does anyone know how these numbers are made up? I am looking to purchase out my 2013 SL and am wondering if NMAC would even entertain increasing their 4500 offer I received last week

shaolin77 said:
viethoc said:
Nissan's offer of $4500 is for a 2013 Leaf. Thank you.

Does anyone know how these numbers are made up? I am looking to purchase out my 2013 SL and am wondering if NMAC would even entertain increasing their 4500 offer I received last week

We don't know the math, but we do know that the numbers go up and down regularly.

Thank you. I guess the only way to find out if NMAC does anything is by calling. On a related note, a quick internet search on a popular site (sounds like read it) has a thread on negotiating with NMAC - One interesting thing a poster identified on there was working with the dealer to buy from NMAC and working with the dealer to "re-buy" your leaf.

One interesting thing a poster identified on there was working with the dealer to buy from NMAC and working with the dealer to "re-buy" your leaf.

Interesting! I can now afford a longer-range EV so I wouldn't buy my current Leaf, even though I like her a lot, but that might help a lot of people. As for calling NMAC, that only gives you the incentive for the current month. They were saying "No more lease extensions!" from last December right up until they started offering extensions again.

Anyone know what the lease buy-out incentive for a 2013 Leaf is this month (August)? I've been on hold with Nissan for half an hour.

Hi all,
Does any one have the discount figure offered by Nissan in August for 2013 Leaf?

BTW, I called early today but they didn't have that figure yet. And they don't offer any payment waiver for 2013 car if one wants to extend the lease for another year. Thank you.

viethoc said:
Hi all,
Does any one have the discount figure offered by Nissan in August for 2013 Leaf?

BTW, I called early today but they didn't have that figure yet. And they don't offer any payment waiver for 2013 car if one wants to extend the lease for another year. Thank you.

I called Nissan. Looks like they extended the last month rebate of $4500 off till Sep'6th.

Back