Best deal in Atlanta to Lease Nissan Leaf S in November?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pilotnbr1 said:
There are 3 power sources to plug into the car not to be confused with the car charger (3.3kv vs 6.6kv)-

Level 1- 110v "trickle charge" - the slowest but any standard wall outlet will work. 0 to 100% charge in 21 hours

Level 2 - 220v-240v - at home this is comparable to an electric dryer or electric stove outlet. If your home does not have such an outlet available you will most likely need an electrician. The electrician will need to run wire and add another circuit breaker to your home electrical panel. You will also need to buy an Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVSE) to hard wire to your new circuit or plug into the new outlet. Level 2 charging is the most common available away from home (at least in Atlanta)- take a look at Plug Share or Charge Point apps and websites to find locations. 0 to 100% charge in 5 hours or 8 hours depending on the charger which is installed in your car (3.3 kw vs 6.6kw charger)

Level 3 - 440v DC - Only available at commercial locations. Only cars equipped with a quick charge port (QC) can take this, which is all Leafs except the most base model. 0 to 100% charge in 30 minutes
correct info above, but wanted to add a few clarifications:

level 2 good info above. Pretty sure if you get the Quick Charge package you are upgraded to the 6.6kw charger in the car as well as the capability to accept the DC quick chargers.

Level 3 is the 480v 120A DC quick charge. the only part I see a bit different is that normally you won't be able to get 100% charge from a DC charger. AFAIK it will usually stop at 75-80% or in some cases drop down to L2 charging to finish off, but you won't get 100% in 30 minutes with the DC charger. At least not from the few times I've used them but could be different with different model chargers?

so it might make more sense to consider the car as one variable and the EVSE at the other.

Car:
S base model, 3.3kw charger on board
S w/ QC: upgraded to 6.6kw charger and DC Level 3 quick charge
SV- standard 6.6kw charger, must have the QC package to use the DC Level 3 chargers
SL- standard with the QC port and the 6.6kw charger built in.

EVSE-
Level 1 - 110v
Level 2 -220/240v, can have different amp ratings to take advantage of the 3.3/6.6 charger in the car (30A vs. 50A)
Level 3- 480 DC, must have the QC package to take advantage of the quick charge ability. 120A

as for shops, we leased ours from Cronic Nissan and got a great deal. not sure what they are currently offering, but call Shannon and see what they can do. We were very happy dealing with them and they had the best price in town (and worth the drive) when we got ours in Sept (S w/ QC, VPP, 24month, $255/month, etc).

FYI - for anybody looking to lease a Nissan Leaf.

Sutherlin Nissan is offering leaf S with QC for $239 a month. This was last week.

There was additional fee for paperwork. But still way better than deals for last couple of months. Including mine.

placehopper said:
FYI - for anybody looking to lease a Nissan Leaf.

Sutherlin Nissan is offering leaf S with QC for $239 a month. This was last week.

There was additional fee for paperwork. But still way better than deals for last couple of months. Including mine.

That is complete horse hockey. Ask for the "out the door" price to avoid any potential confusion. IN that way, the dealership can't play games and move the goal posts on you.

speedyr said:
Car:
S base model, 3.3kw charger on board
S w/ QC: upgraded to 6.6kw charger and DC Level 3 quick charge
SV- standard 6.6kw charger, must have the QC package to use the DC Level 3 chargers
SL- standard with the QC port and the 6.6kw charger built in.
While I have had two different sales folks mention 3.3 kw, I'm pretty sure the 2015 S base model on-board charger is 3.6 kw.

I made some inquiries at local Atlanta dealers: so far the deals are not super-impressing me, but perhaps I waited too late for the best lease deals which apparently happened earlier in the year. I was offered a leaf S w/QC, 12K miles/year, $0 down, $329/month. Drive off the lot for $329 (first month's payment). $375 disposition. I'm non-VPP. If it were not for the GA tax incentive I would not be interested. I don't know if the lease rates may be lower in December. Past a certain point the hassle factor is not worth holding out for $10-15 a month difference over two years.

I could not find an S model without QC. which is what I first thought i wanted. I'm sure I will be glad I have QC even though this means I am going to spring another $600 or so for a home charger (plus whatever my electrician friend will ask for installing it.).

Any thoughts, anyone?

I am very new at this but am interested in leasing a Leaf for the great deal. I just negotiated with the dealer $275/month $0 down just first month for 2 year 12k miles on an S with QC.

I have a couple questions...how does the TATV work? Is it rolled into the payments or am I going to go to the tag office and owe like $1500? I will ask the dealer if I go back but just wanted others experience. Thanks in advance.

Edit: the above price is with VPP

Back