EV Warning Light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInSeattle

I have had several occassions when the EV warning light has illuminated, including one this morning. This light is the outline of the car in orange with a big exclamation mark across it. The ownders manual calls it the EV warning light but has no useful inforamtion about it.

This morning when it appeared I turned the car off and restarted. In the past this has worked, today it didn't the first time. After the restart the car would not go into drive or reverse. On the second restart everything worked fine and I drove to work.

1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) will there be stored information in the computer so that the dealer will be able to make sense of the fault.

All told this has happened about three times in 3 1/2 months and 2000 miles of ownership. On two occasions the charge had failed (there were only about 25 miles showing on remaining charge in spite of being plugged in all night) but today there was a full 80% charge.

Steve

SteveInSeattle said:
I have had several occassions when the EV warning light has illuminated, including one this morning. This light is the outline of the car in orange with a big exclamation mark across it. The ownders manual calls it the EV warning light but has no useful inforamtion about it.

This morning when it appeared I turned the car off and restarted. In the past this has worked, today it didn't the first time. After the restart the car would not go into drive or reverse. On the second restart everything worked fine and I drove to work.

1) Has this happened to anyone else?
2) will there be stored information in the computer so that the dealer will be able to make sense of the fault.

All told this has happened about three times in 3 1/2 months and 2000 miles of ownership. On two occasions the charge had failed (there were only about 25 miles showing on remaining charge in spite of being plugged in all night) but today there was a full 80% charge.

Steve
Ours did this, but was accomponied with a brake warning light. Turned out to be bad brake control module. The system retains the codes that triggered the event. Dealer can recover the codes.

I am having the same issue with LEAF 2013. My LEAF is about 9 weeks old with about 3,000 miles. Warning description "7. EV System warning light" as per 2013 LEAF Manual page # EV-28. I see the other warning and errors when I start the car (do not remember exactly). But, all errors and warning go away when I power down the car and restart it.

This problem only happens when I use public charger @ Mayer Electric and whole foods. It has happened twice in last 10 days. Charging works fine using trickle charger and the car work fine otherwise.

I have had that 3 times, in my case it was the EVSE.
It sounds like it's the case in your situation also.
Yes, the dealer can see them and in my case it was "short circuit in the EVSE" they said, but in reality it was the EVSE shutting off, spontanously. It was a defect in the EVSE and the PCB inside the EVSE was replaced which solved the problem.
You can see them yourself, if you use the android-app "LeafSpy" in combination with an ELM dongle.

This subforum is for discussion about the forum itself, you might get more reactions if you place this post in the right subforum, for intstance "problems/troubleshooting".

WARNING.jpg

Back