2011 Nissan Leaf up for auction on eBay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smb4eva

Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SL-Black-100-Electric-RARE-SOLD-OUT-TILL-2013-/180642486951?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a0f219aa7

Gudy, what's the deal? This guy is using your pictures and implying the first LEAF but it's not your vin.

lilely the person does not even have the car in their possesion yet, so could not take any pictures. "hey, I got my VIN and i'm going to try and sell it before I buy it to make a quick buck."

He's just using googled pictures for whatever reason. 400 miles and this 0 feedback seller is selling as NEW? Violation of Ebay rules right off the bat.

I couldn't find the VIN in our database, but it comes one after EVNOW so maybe it went to Rairdon?

How can the car be sold as "new" if he has already taken title for it?

If the guy has taken title, then he has purchased the vehicle. So anyone buying this Leaf would be buying it as a used car. This, I believe, would nullify any tax credit.

I think he changed it to used but he keeps claiming the buyer will get rebates, good luck to the buyer of that car.

Be careful what you say here. He has changed his ad dramatically seemingly based on our comments (i.e. it's now listed as used, etc).

Did I miss something or were there ANY LEAFs destroyed in the quake/tsunami? He mentions 2000! :evil: :evil: :evil:

EVDRIVER said:
I think he changed it to used but he keeps claiming the buyer will get rebates, good luck to the buyer of that car.
For $55,000, no problem, give him a $7500 rebate and keep the other $47,500. :shock:

I also noticed that - "Did I miss something or were there ANY LEAFs destroyed in the quake/tsunami? He mentions 2000".

Anyone have any insight on Leafs destroyed by disaster in Japan?

JimStapleton said:
I also noticed that - "Did I miss something or were there ANY LEAFs destroyed in the quake/tsunami? He mentions 2000".

Anyone have any insight on Leafs destroyed by disaster in Japan?
In the link the eBay listing has under "2000" (http://www.gastongazette.com/news/japan-56068-media-apocalyptic.html) says...

"Nissan has also said dock damage and a fire that destroyed more than 2,000 cars in Japan will hold up deliveries on its all-electric Leaf."

This article says 2,000 cars were destroyed, but doesn't specifically say 2,000 Leafs were destroyed?...

There's so many problems with this auction it's not even funny - one that hasn't been mentioned yet:
Until their Tennessee plant comes online in 2013, it's likely that it will be impossible to walk into a dealership and buy one
I read this statement as "No one in the US will be able to get these cars until 2013!!!!". I guess he only says "likely", but... I doubt this will be true. Even if demand is high enough that you can't walk into a dealership and buy one, you'll be able to walk into a dealership, place an order for one and get it in a month.

It is speculation of course - I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen in Japan. But I seem to recall elsewhere that it was already announced that the plant was going to be back online very soon and operating as long as their supplies last. I suspect any export industry in Japan is going to get lots of support -- Japan is going to need a ton of cash and resources to rebuild, and exports are a great way to bring in cash.

hill said:
palmermd said:
lilely the person does not even have the car in their possesion yet, so could not take any pictures. ...........snip
I duno ... it's got a mighty low VIN.

I think he has it, but purchased it 400 miles from the Bay Area....any guesses?

Ready2plugin said:
I think he has it, but purchased it 400 miles from the Bay Area....any guesses?
Brian, I suspect you're right, the last few photos are most likely in his own garage. As someone else mentioned in another thread, the photo which many are claiming is of Olivier is probably from a Drive Tour event, as the details don't match those of last December's big day.

Sure will be interesting to see how this all unravels!

Glenn

z0ner said:
Yes, but that brings up an interesting point. What would be your magic number?

About a month ago, I received a call from someone wanting to buy a LEAF that day. He was pretty adamant about it, so I told him we'd only delivered 8 LEAFs, including mine, and that he'd have to go through the deposit/ordering process and wait about a year to get one. He insisted I sell him mine. I told him it wasn't for sale unless he had $100K. He offered $60K. I then realized he had money, probably a lot, and was serious. I countered to $80K telling him that was as low as I'd go. He split the difference to $70K. I held to my price and he walked.

Back