Nissan Leaf 2016 - How do I change the temperature dispaly from F to C?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ioan

Hi all,

Newbie here, just bought a used Nissan Leaf, an ex-American lease. I've looked in the forum and I could not find a similar topic I am inquiring about, sorry if this is an already discussed issue.
The outside air temperature display on the dash is in Fahrenheit and I would like to have it changed in Celsius. This is NOT the A/C temperature display (I already did that). The dealership wants to charge me for $ 1200 plus labor and taxes, for a "new computer system"; they claim that the Fahrenheit display is built into the computer and cannot be changed unless you change the computer. I don't thing it's right; such a minor change should not be hardware dependent. The owner's manual states that the display can be in either F or C, but doesn't say how to switch. Somehow I feel it needs to be a simple procedure. If it's not possible, it's fine, I can live with a Fahrenheit display.

Thank you!
Ioan

Ioan said:
The dealership wants to charge me for $ 1200 plus labor and taxes, for a "new computer system"; they claim that the Fahrenheit display is built into the computer and cannot be changed unless you change the computer. I don't thing it's right; such a minor change should not be hardware dependent. The owner's manual states that the display can be in either F or C, but doesn't say how to switch.
Yeah, it seems to be two different computers, so you have two different settings to deal with. Don't we have the technology to get them to talk to each other? :/

I have a 2012; on mine, you use the square and dot buttons to access a menu that has settings; one of those settings is for units. Under the driver's side ventilation outlet. See page 2-27 of this manual if you need more details.

I'm not sure how to do it, but it shouldn't be that difficult. The dealership I bought my 2016 US import from had originally changed only the instrument cluster and climate control display to metric and left the outside temperature display in °F. When I asked them to change that too they immediately agreed and didn't ask for any more money.

Back