Performance chips?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thebigbadman said:
Anybody know about performance chips?

Nissan uses a NISMO chip on the Japanese Leaf, but they appear to have no plans to offer it here, at least not unless they finally offer the NISMO Leaf here as hinted a few times. The chip may do nothing more than remap the accelerator pedal response anyway.

LeftieBiker said:
Thebigbadman said:
Anybody know about performance chips?

Nissan uses a NISMO chip on the Japanese Leaf, but they appear to have no plans to offer it here, at least not unless they finally offer the NISMO Leaf here as hinted a few times.

I seriously doubt there's a "performance chip" that could be installed, i.e. circa the '80s/'90s for ICEVs. If anything, it would most likely
be a re-flash of the VCM ECU.

LeftieBiker said:
The chip may do nothing more than remap the accelerator pedal response anyway.

Yes, that's what was done on my Mini Turbo, i.e. the "sport mode". For the Leaf if would be; ECO, STD, SPORT.

I believe there's a quote from a Nissan Exec or PR rep saying that the E+ is the Nismo. Specifically, the uprated battery and motor is the same package as the original Nismo in Japan, and there's no plans to bring the Nismo branding to the US.

So you can and can't get a Nismo in the US: (the E+ is the same hardware, but you can't get a Nismo branded car)

Back