Anecdote: The Evolving State of non Tesla L3

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

We are moving to Albuquerque. I thought one nice benefit would be L3 availability in the city for a time when my battery is severely degraded so I fired up plugshare.com and was satisfied to see four L3 CHAdeMO locations (that are combined with CCS.) Then I noticed one was greyed out. Then I noticed in the comments that the second and third stations were not working, and the fourth location had network problems. Sheeeit

The silver lining ? At least someone answered the help line at the 4rth location. I think that all the locations are owned by GreenLots. I don't know if that is a bad thing but it is not helping here.

I haven't seen any issues with the charge point, EVGO or Green lots chargers in my area. Usually the station belongs to the building owner. There was one Nissan dealership that I used to go to once in a while who had their L3 charger down for 9 months "waiting on a part" ... A CHAdeMO handle and cable is $15,000 so I guess those stations are pretty expensive to repair.

Back