Page 3 of 5

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 am
by ksnogas2112
Send the moderator a private message. It can take a reminder sometimes.

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:36 am
by newleafowner
Hello

Thank you for setting up this wonderful site. I am a private owner and I have just completed the process paying $15 for forum sponsorship and I am wondering what action I need to take to create posts on the site in the for sale/wanted section

thank you

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 pm
by cwerdna
cwerdna wrote:
evnow wrote:
cwerdna wrote:I can't seem to post or reply to posts in viewforum.php?f=41. Is this by design? I noticed that a whole bunch of people have started threads or replied even though their handles aren't in orange, so I assume they aren't monetary contributors...

Forum paid members (i.e. Forum Supporter) aren't necessarily in "orange". Orange (i.e. Gold member) are people who have paid more ...

Thanks! That clears things up.

On this note, I noticed that I've been sort of able to respond to posts here, but there are two problems:
- It seems my reply needs to be approved. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't and end up in the bit bucket in the sky. :/
- When I do reply, from the preview, it seems like the quoting tags are busted.

May I suggest that you just let non-supporters reply w/o the approval process? It would ease the overhead by the moderators/whoever is approving. Sometimes I do have something to add to the discussion.

I'm ok w/having to pay to advertise though.

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am
by DaveEV
cwerdna wrote:On this note, I noticed that I've been sort of able to respond to posts here, but there are two problems:
- It seems my reply needs to be approved. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't and end up in the bit bucket in the sky. :/
- When I do reply, from the preview, it seems like the quoting tags are busted.

May I suggest that you just let non-supporters reply w/o the approval process? It would ease the overhead by the moderators/whoever is approving. Sometimes I do have something to add to the discussion.

Having just gone through and cleared through the moderation back-log, I concur. :)

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:12 am
by wxxyz
This has been fixed - it used to work, and then it stopped, so I made it work again.

Mike

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 pm
by cwerdna
Thanks!

BTW, I posted a reply at viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11886&p=274905#p274905 and noticed I can't seem to edit my own post. Is this by design? I don't need to edit that one, but it would be nice if it weren't disabled.

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:42 pm
by edatoakrun
cwerdna wrote:Thanks!

BTW, I posted a reply at viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11886&p=274905#p274905 and noticed I can't seem to edit my own post. Is this by design? I don't need to edit that one, but it would be nice if it weren't disabled.


Same experience, edit function disabled, same thread.

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 am
by wxxyz
edatoakrun wrote:
cwerdna wrote:Thanks!

BTW, I posted a reply at viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11886&p=274905#p274905 and noticed I can't seem to edit my own post. Is this by design? I don't need to edit that one, but it would be nice if it weren't disabled.


Same experience, edit function disabled, same thread.


This is fixed now - can you please confirm?
Thanks!

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:21 am
by jimbo69ny
It looks like a basic user isn't allow to post items for sale? There is not a create new post option for me.

Re: New rules for posting Advertisements, Deals, For Sale/Wa

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:19 am
by billg
jimbo69ny wrote:It looks like a basic user isn't allow to post items for sale? There is not a create new post option for me.


That is correct. See the original post in this thread. You must at least be a forum supporter. If you are a business, other requirements apply.