Sagebrush, you have been around for a while now...
First, you should know about all that EPA "your mileage may vary" crap...
Second, if we calculate numbers based on the Current Leaf, which was rated at 24kwh..... It only has about 21 kwh available.
So the 40kwh battery will logically have only 37 kwh available. So at 4.5miles /kw x 37 kwh = 166.5 miles range (*****up to turtle or 0% battery).
Even if you use a more conservative 4.0 miles /kw x37 kwh miles range, you get 148 miles range. (or 2 miles less than the estimate....) Is that not close enough for you??
IN REALITY.... No one should even be expecting that range, because that number of miles would bring the battery down to turtle mode.... Right?
A more realistic expectation would be getting between 4-4.5 miles per kilowatt. If you use the battery down to a more reasonable 20%, then the following would be reasonable..
40KWH (total battery) - 3kwh (unused overhead) - 37kwh (usable)
37kwh X 80% (true used power, allowing for leaving 20% battery capacity (RESERVE)) = 29.6 KWH used per charge.
So a 40 KWH Leaf would realistically get between :
29.6 kwh x 4.0 miles/kw = 118.4 miles per charge (conservative) to 29.6 kwh X 5.0 miles/ kw = 148 miles range per charge.
I think 4.5 miles/kw is reasonable = 133.2 REALISTIC MILES OF RANGE ON THE 2018 LEAF......