2018 Leaf and ProPilot Park

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gultin

We're considering a 2018 Leaf and I'm trying to determine whether to jump in or wait. Does anyone know whether the 2018 Leaf will get ProPilot Park? Some reports hint that it may get it, but Nissan's official website doesn't make a single mention of it, so I doubt it. Even if it were to come later, could that be a feature enabled via a SW update in the future? Anyone know?

gultin said:
...Even if it were to come later, could that be a feature enabled via a SW update in the future? Anyone know?

I guess it depends on whether the necessary sensors are already on the vehicle.

"That's one reason I'll be waiting until my lease ends next May: the slight hope that by then they'll be installing the sensors."

Do you really expect them to modify/refresh mid-year of the first year of an all-new model? Or do you expect them to do it for the 2019 model?

gultin said:
"That's one reason I'll be waiting until my lease ends next May: the slight hope that by then they'll be installing the sensors."

Do you really expect them to modify/refresh mid-year of the first year of an all-new model? Or do you expect them to do it for the 2019 model?

I expect nothing of the sort. Note my phrase "slight hope." That hope is that the US factory isn't ready to start installing the hardware for pro Pilot Park now, but may install just the sensors in later builds of the 2018. Note that the battery chemistry was switched in April of 2013, not January...

I just had a host ride this afternoon for about an hour.

Residential and freeway in Los Angeles (beach area) area.

Towards end of ride I specifically asked about can the car park itself between cars in a road, etc.- the female host- said that only- Japan cars are equipped for that- as of know at least.

Oh and Nissan brought me a Red 2018 "SL"- all the bell and whistles- to drive- the epedal was cool!

Back