Charging 2013 from a solar battery bank with inverter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdnizz

Hey all, I am having trouble charging my 2013 Nissan leaf from my pure sine inverter. The 24V DC inverter is pulling from a 24V battery bank. The PV system and the battery bank setup is not grounded. I am getting a ground fault reading (blinking green light). After reading some forums, I tried to provide a ground-neutral bond between the AC output of the inverter and the 120V charger. The car indicated it was charging but it did not. The inverter read only 43W output and then read a fault (red light) shortly after. How do I properly ground the system to get the charger to work right? Thoughts?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23607&start=10
I used a 1/2 watt, 100kohm resistor to bridge between the neutral and the ground, which allowed me to charge my Leaf using my 48v inverter and battery pack.

drdnizz said:
I tried to provide a ground-neutral bond between the AC output of the inverter and the 120V charger.

A neutral ground bond goes between the neutral and ground. What do you mean by putting one between the AC output of the inverter and the 120V charger?

What capacity of inverter do you have?

Back