Unexplained intermittent beep sound

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avnerNZ

Hi all. I keep getting an unexplained intermittent beep sound (inside the cabin), every two minutes or so, but appears not to be constant. Mine is a 2014 Japanese import, and the only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the GPS. How would I cancel the beep?
Many thanks

lkkms2 said:
Guessing.

- Any tire with low air pressure?
- is the battery in your key pod low?
- Any unusual symbols on the dashboard when you start up or are driving?

Could also be an overdue maintenance warning, although that should only happen at start up; a photo of any warning icons and/or messages that are showing up on the main instrument cluster should help

As I am guessing NZ stands for New Zealand, and it's coolish there now, could it be the cold temperature warning?
(Not sure it's cold enough for that, but).
That was confusing me when I first got my Leaf and had no idea what it was...

desiv

avnerNZ said:
Hi all. I keep getting an unexplained intermittent beep sound (inside the cabin), every two minutes or so, but appears not to be constant. Mine is a 2014 Japanese import, and the only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the GPS. How would I cancel the beep?
Many thanks
Are you running Leafspy while you drive? I had this issue and it turned out to be the low tire pressure alarm on Leafspy.

Thanks all. There are all good answers and I'm learning a lot.
The beep is coming from the center screen. It is in Japanese. I do suspect that it has to do with the Japanese navigation system, which I can't get rid of, and the gps. I think it's telling me to look for a charging station as I don't have enough range. A good point, given that I am in New Zealand and the system thinks in in Japan :)
ANy way to undo this?

Don't know if the menu path would exactly be the same but the first thing I would do is switch the main settings language to English if you haven't already; this YouTube shows an earlier LEAF model; also see if you can post a photo of what you're seeing on the map screen and we can translate it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyN2zzCNgqA

As far as changing the Japanese map settings to English; at least as far as Nissan Japan is concerned it appears you're out of luck 'officially'; may be someone who has developed a hack but you'll need to do more digging:

http://www.evsrilanka.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Back