Forum Rules

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxxyz

Welcome to the My Nissan LEAF forums. Below are some general rules and guidelines to make yours and others experience here a pleasant one.

Moderators reserve the right to edit/delete/move posts as appropriate. Repeat offenders of the rules will be warned and then banned depending on the severity of the issue.

Be Nice! - You'd think that this would be obvious, but many otherwise mundane conversations can quickly turn into a heated argument. Do not call people names and treat others as you would wish to be treated. Abuse of this rule will generally result in users being warned and the offending posts being moved to the Snippiness thread.

Starting new threads - When starting new threads, post in the most appropriate sub-forum. But before doing that, search to see if there is already an existing thread with the same topic and reply there if appropriate.

Stay on topic - When replying to a thread, try to keep it on topic. If a conversation strays off-topic, considering moving it to another more appropriate thread.

No cross or duplicate posting - Do not post the same thing (or nearly the same thing) in multiple threads. Redundant posts/thread will be deleted.

No thread bumping - Do not post new replies to a thread for the sole purpose of bumping it to the top of the Active Topics list.

Advertising and selling - see the comprehensive rules for advertising / deals and for sale/wanted. Basically, if you are trying to sell something, it belongs in the For Sale section.

Fair Use Quoting - Do not abuse Copyright law by posting excessive portions of other people's work. This includes news articles and blog posts, for example. Doing so puts the forum at risk of being a target of DCMA takedown notices which will shut down the site. As a general rule, quote no more than a couple sentences or just the title of referenced article along with a link to the source. In no cases should the quoted content represent a significant portion of the source. Even better, feel free to reword the story in your own words and avoid the issue altogether.

Back