Conti Tire Kit Pump Instructions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

Has anyone published a translation of the 'symbolic international gibberish' on the inside cover of the clever little 12V (Continental tire) pump that came with my 2012 Leaf?

This adventure started when I was across town, a few miles from home and the 'low tire pressure' symbol on the dash came on.

My tire gauge told me I had 25 psi in my left front tire.

I got out the emergency tire pump and tried my very best to get more air into the tire but could not change the pressure.

When I got home I could see a wood screw in my tire. Here I have access to the simple, cheap but reliable Walmart pump I've used for adjusting tire pressures. That refilled the tire very quickly. Now I can go to the tire shop and get the screw out and the tire patched.

That said, I'd really like to know how the Conti pump works. Next time I may need to refill the tire away from home.

thanks

baumgrenze

You need to know this information to use this pump to fill your tires:

1) The hose screws onto the fill valve on the tire.

2) There is a small valve just next to the hose screw connection. It has an arrow suggesting that you rotate it to open the valve.

a) This valve needs to be closed to fill the tire;

b) Opening it bleeds air from the tire.

3) The gauge on the one that came with my car gives a reasonable approximation of the pressure you will read using a proper tire pressure gauge. I is simply too small and imprecise for accurate tire filling.

4) Should you not see it, there is an on/off power switch on the 'front face' of the pump.

5) To have power available at the auxiliary power socket you do need to turn on your car.

Thank you to the Tire Rack for posting this in readable form:

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/detail.jsp?ID=38

baumgrenze

Back