Leaf Lease Take Over

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaz

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know someone who is interested in taking over my lease?

I have a white 2012 Leaf SL. Fully loaded.

I have about 16-17 months left on the lease and up to 39k miles. currently it has 20k.

If you or you know someone interested please call me 562-881-9947. Clean title, non smoker, no pets, no accidents.

Thanks.

Do you understand that even when someone "takes over" your lease you will remain on it, and still be responsible for payments if the new sub-lessee doesn't make them? Likewise damage to the car. With this in mind, I suggest you consider only trusted friends and family, and only if you really can't afford to keep the car. This policy by Nissan's financing arm makes sub-leasing unpopular.

So true, Taking over a Nissan lease is riddled with dangers. You want someone with perfect credit and an overwhelming since of responsibility.

webfootguy said:
I think you could use the "Lease buyout" option to mitigate the risk.

Phil H.

Yes, and I'd like to "sell" my Leaf that way when the lease ends, but there is a roadblock: it takes 3-10 weeks to get the new title. Who wants to pay someone $17k for a car and then wait while they keep it for that long, waiting for the new title? If you afford to buy out your own lease, wait, and then sell the car, great, but who is in that situation?

LeftieBiker said:
Do you understand that even when someone "takes over" your lease you will remain on it, and still be responsible for payments if the new sub-lessee doesn't make them? Likewise damage to the car. With this in mind, I suggest you consider only trusted friends and family, and only if you really can't afford to keep the car. This policy by Nissan's financing arm makes sub-leasing unpopular.
Yep.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=354789#p354789" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The policy sucks. I suggest you contain NMAC, complaint about it and make sure the complaint is logged in their system. Maybe if enough people make enough noise and it shows up in their metrics, they might consider changing it. Without such metrics, it only becomes anecdotal evidence on their side of "I heard people don't like this..." but we don't know how many people/what % don't like it or... "it's not a problem because so few or nobody complains about it."

Back