240 L2 6.6 portable charger cable

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo Cord is also an option if you don't want to modify your existing Panasonic EVSE... It's limited to 16 amps however (roughly 3.8 Kw input at 240)... The EVSE upgade unit can do 20 amps (about 4.8 Kw input at 240). (Remember that Nissan cheated on the 2013+ and started using input power to rate the charger rather than outout power as they did on the 2011 and 2012...)

http://evsolutions.avinc.com/turbocord" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would consider a Clipper Creek with an attached cord for a portable 6.6kW EVSE.
But you are mostly limited to 50a outlets...
For maximum versatility you may need to build a kit with adjustable amp ratings.
Possibly a Jesla would work for you.

smkettner said:

Of course, JESLA will work. Plus, it will automatically adjust to the proper pilot signal (how many amps are safe) based on which optional plug is installed.

100-265 volts
12-40 amps

The Nissan LEAF can accept 100-265 volts, and up to 30 amps, which means that JESLA can charge any LEAF at its maximum speed.

TonyWilliams said:
smkettner said:

Of course, JESLA will work. Plus, it will automatically adjust to the proper pilot signal (how many amps are safe) based on which optional plug is installed.

100-265 volts
12-40 amps

The Nissan LEAF can accept 100-265 volts, and up to 30 amps, which means that JESLA can charge any LEAF at its maximum speed.

The LEAF can accept up to 2000 plus amps at that voltage range it just does not use any of it above 27.5 amps at 240V. The LEAF charger is very "accepting" however.

EVDRIVER said:
TonyWilliams said:
smkettner said:

100-265 volts
12-40 amps

The LEAF can accept up to 2000 plus amps at that voltage range it just does not use any of it above 27.5 amps at 240V. The LEAF charger is very "accepting" however.

Uh, no, LEAF won't take "2000 plus amps" at "that voltage range" of 100-265 volts. The minimum pack voltage is 290-ish volts up to 395 volts maximum. Clearly, zero amps would go into the battery between 100-265 volts if the lowest voltage of the battery was 290.

I suspect your trying to be cute, since I didn't specify the LEAF "charger" can accept 100-265 volts, at up to 30 amps at 200 volts and 27.5 amps at 240 volts.

Back