Epic Norwegian Nissan Leaf Roadtrip

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autofil

Hello Nissan Leaf owners!

Autofil is the largest independent car magazine in Norway. And, as you may or may not know, Norway is a mekka for electric car ownership.
Lots of tax benefits, free toll passing, allowed to drive in bus lanes, free ferrie transport and much more.
But we figured none of that matters if the charging infrastructure doesn´t work. So we put it to the test.
One Nissan Leaf, 1200 kms of rugged, Norwegian country road through mountains and fjords, finally ending up at the west coast, as far west as you can get by car.

http://www.autofil.no/897929/1200-km-i-nissan-leaf-del-1

You can say we had some minor glitches along the way... The video is in Norwegian, mail me at stein(dot)inge(at)autofil(dot)no for translation.

This is the first of three episodes, the rest will be posted in the following days. Keep posted!

Best regards, Autofil Magazine.

Awesome, great article. Finally we are getting to meet all the Norwegian forum visitors. Jens cannot be possibly generating all this traffic by himself, even if he read the board every day!

Here is a Google Translate link and the video (it doesn't play on the Google page):

Click to play

Nice one! Now i await the other videos :) More statistics in the video would be fun.. like average speed on the trip and such? :)

kämpegöj = roligt / jätteroligt på Svenska ;)

Hi again! All three episodes are now available on our website:

http://www.autofil.no/898395/1200-km-i-nissan-leaf

This was a nerve-wrecking journey..! But the car impressed us a lot even still.
Like the journalist summarizes in the end, it´s not the car that´s under criticism here.
It´s the lack of charging stations in the rural areas that is the biggest problem.

Best regards, Autofil Magazine, Norway.
http://www.autofil.no/

gascant said:
How many people in the LEAF owners club in Norway? Any sort of organization there?

Electric cars in Norway is nothing new, so there is already a general Electric Vehicle Owner's Club, that many of us are members of. I think the Nissan sellers pay for the first year's membership.

I believe the Nissan Leaf is the 15th most sold car in Norway this year.

We have about the same number of electric cars as in Germany and France, but we're only 5 million citizens, so percentagewise we're way ahead.

Some of the government incentives are:

* No "licence plate tax" (can be up to 180% (!) for gas/diesel cars)

* No sales tax (usually 25%)

* No annual road tax

* Free parking on all public parking places.

* Free passage on all toll roads, and the car free on all ferries.

* Can drive in bus lanes

* Free use of 16A 230V charging stations network (about 500 just in the capital9

* Up to USD 1500.00 support for companies and housing associations to make charging stations

* 50% of all street parking in the centre of Oslo will be reserved for electric cars soon.

We are currently working on the right to demand free massage from parking wardens! :D

And I can promise you that the summer temperatures this year will not overheat the batteries of the Leaf! :cry:

Though the video reminds me that I need to head back to school for some remedial Norwegian classes, what a great trip report! It's great to see this oil-producing country take such big strides in adopting EVs. Though having plenty of hydro power and being a "small" country certainly helps, there's still plenty of challenges remaining; though summer overheating might not be much of an issue, those winters can be downright cold!

Boomer23 said:
GRA said:
LakeLeaf said:
That settles it - I'm moving to Norway!
Pining for the Fjords? (the Norwegian blue prefers kippin' on its back)

GRA, I'll bite: "And now a massage from the Swedish Prime Minister".
Aha! An LP owner, I take it? ISTR that was a bridge only on the LP version, but my memory is a bit vague. I've still got all mine, just need to find a working turntable so I can to listen to them.

Back