Indian capital to cancel registrations of diesel cars 10 years or older, immediately

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via GCR: http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1105089_indian-capital-to-cancel-registrations-of-diesel-cars-10-years-or-older-immediately

India's top environmental court is taking aggressive action to curb air pollution in the country's capital city.

New Delhi authorities were ordered by the courts on Monday to cancel the registrations of diesel cars produced 10 or more years ago.

The order from the New Green Tribunal (NGT) takes effect immediately. . . .

In addition to cancelling registrations, New Delhi's transport office must also provide the NGT with a list of the vehicles that are removed from the road. . . .

I wonder if it applies to auto-rickshaws, too. Those things spew out a lot of smoke!

India banned the use of ALL ICEVs within 1 km (IIRC) of the Taj Mahal years ago. You have to park away from the tomb and take BEV buses to the site.

India should heavily push BEVs and Solar...it is the perfect country for both. All the sun with proximity to the equator in the entire country, and except for cabs/taxis/Autos...100Kms of range is adequate for city driving in almost every city of the country.

Back