15% of West Virginia citizens can't use their water

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

An inconvenient faucet... should draw attention to what a dirty business coal is. Bad news for EVs though since they are powered by coal :-D

Notice we aren't talking about some low level contamination that forces people to drink bottled water, these people flat out can't use the water, even for bathing or hand washing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/10/west-virginia-chemical-spill-gov-declares-emergency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I selected the link from fox news for andyh's benefit :)

Whoa, easy there :)

Interesting article though. Sounds like this chemical is only needed to clean impurities from the coal. So the environmental regulations caused this problem, because without them the coal would have been burned as-is, and this chemical wouldn't have even been around.

I'll head over to Drudge and do some more research on the subject before jumping to conclusions

Anyone else amused by the name of the Coal company: Freedom Industries?

Seems like some sort of sick joke courtesy of the loony right-wing.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Whoa, easy there :)

Interesting article though. Sounds like this chemical is only needed to clean impurities from the coal. So the environmental regulations caused this problem, because without them the coal would have been burned as-is, and this chemical wouldn't have even been around.

I'll head over to Drudge and do some more research on the subject before jumping to conclusions
LOL No, washing the coal after mining isn't part of the 'clean coal' thing, but I suppose you know that already. Coal's not clean at either end of the process.
http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wi...s-10-worst-man-made-environmental-disasters-0

If only the 'environmental regulations' required a taller containment around the tanks, the folks downstream paying for drinking water would still be able to take a shower tonight.

Devin said:

how did you connect the dots to arrive at this conclusion?

Devin said:

Amen. "Freedom" as in the senior staff of the company saying "I'm sure glad I'm free from this poison - oh well, time for a shower."

Back