Volt heater not working in EV mode.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
I get a call from my wife yesterday afternoon that the heater in the Volt wasn't working - nothing but cold air, even with the heat set to 70 degrees on a 50 degree day. So I diligently check the Internet, and sure enough that's a thing - combination of either/both a valve getting stuck or/and a pump going out. I fruitlessly try to check when our GMPP extended warranty runs out/ran out and start to prepare myself for a worst case at the dealer of around $1100 or a DIY job that would run around $300.

However, knowing how my wife is with technology, I decide to wait on anything else until I get home and see for myself. And, sure enough, the heater works fine if you set it to Comfort and Hi heat. Now I don't know if there is something legit about lower temps, or maybe she had it on Fan Only or ECO, or simply didn't have enough time in the car for the heat to come in before she gave up and turned the whole thing off. But we are talking about a woman who will stand in front of a microwave oven with it beeping hopelessly at her while she tries in vain to get it to do what she wants. And she's only had the Volt for 6 years now, so... :oops:

Back