Question for the community

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually sleeping while the car (currently a Leaf, but I'm looking to get a new EV in the next couple of years) is charging. Timer set for one hour of charging 3AM to 4AM. Have used different charging times in the past, this is what is working now.

TeamChargePoint said:
:?: What do you all like to do while your Bolt charges??

(or any other EV, if you happen to have others.)

What’s with the Bolt preface, on a LEAF forum no less? :? Weird.

Shop, that is when using ChargePoint chargers :)
At home it would be sleep as I generally have it charge during the wee hours.

Assuming this is at a public charging station and not at home, I will:

1. Shop (if that is what I am there to do)
2. Eat (if there's someplace nearby that's open, and I'm hungry)
3. Have a coffee (again if there's someplace nearby that's open)
4. If none of the above are options, sit in the car and surf the internet or watch videos on my smartphone or tablet.

we need chargers at movie theaters.. that way I have a full movie and a full battery when i leave.

Right now I'm either a sleep when my car charges 2:30am to 7am each morning or I'm at work and I'm grabbing some extra Kwhs from the hotel next door to help me get in other trips during my lunch break.

My favorite public charging points that I make use of are at beach/park locations (especially at low tide).
I hope with the increase of EVs in this area more can be installed and hiking trails parking areas as well.
Charging while shopping/eating is convenient as well as charging at or near workplace.

DCFC; grab food, drink and discard previous food (but mostly drink ;) )

L2; Wouldn't be there unless there was something there I was wanting to do like shopping, hiking, eating, etc.

Some DCFCs literally have nothing in the area so yeah, sometimes its just sit and surf

When I need charging away from home, I prefer to go for a walk to guarantee my 10,000 steps each day. I have also been known to read or shop. Just within the last year, I have become aware of many more charges in the areas I frequent away from home.

I will fall asleep at the level 2 charge station for hours dreaming of tomorrow when ChargePoint will start selling and installing (DCFC) charge stations in Arizona. ChargePoint has not sold and/or installed even 1 fast/quick charge station in this State.

Edit: OK, they did install one at a BMW dealership that has been broken for going on a year. This is in a city metro area that has a population that makes it the 10th largest in the United States.

DuncanCunningham said:
we need chargers at movie theaters.. that way I have a full movie and a full battery when i leave.

That is the only Chargepoint charger I use. There are 2 of them outside a movie theatre. Good for dinner and a show. Bad because I've had my car keyed there and there are routinely large diesel trucks parked in one of the spots or parked in the middle of both for obvious aggression.

In today's modern world of super cheap cellular data and pixels, I think the next gen Chargepoint stations should have a 4MP+ camera on each spot to capture license plates in enough resolution to read plus the surroundings on the vehicle. Should make it easy to use the new app to send a notification to Chargepoint HQ who would contact a local towing company with a photo of the vehicle plus a video sent to the local code enforcement to issue the offending vehicle a fine. And when things get vandalized because people hate EVs, there is full video that can be pulled.

I like destination charging. I have work charging by CP. I have used charging at two shopping malls, but they are not my favorite malls. More designation charging for shopping, eating and parks would be nice.

Back