Battery electric clothing (BEC)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

I happened to see the ad below this AM.

If battery-heated clothing is not already a big thing in cold climates, I expect it soon will be.

The same recent advances in cost/density that make BEVS practical also apply to other uses.

Sounds like a good deal, includes battery and charger:

Model # 201G-21XL Internet #207170946 Store SO SKU #1001848969
Milwaukee Extra-Large M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Gray Heated Jacket Kit

Milwaukee
Extra-Large M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Gray Heated Jacket Kit...

Extended run time for productivity
Washer/dryer safe
M12 system features 100+ tools
Was $199.00
$99.00 /each (limit 5 per order)
Save $100.00 (50%)

Online Exclusive Special Buy of the Day
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-Extra-Large-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Gray-Heated-Jacket-Kit-201G-21XL/207170946

Interesting!
It seems to be designed for workers outside, although it might be a nice choice for winter bicycling too.

I've been thinking about clothes for inside the house since I much prefer heating the person rather than the whole house. My preference is for well insulated clothing that can be pre-heated. Know of any products ?

I've used lithium battery-powered gloves for several years, so I can ride my e-bicycle in colder weather. It's a huge improvement over older tech, but having to tend the two battery packs, which have to be charged no less than every two months or so, is a PITA. They also stopped making the cloth version of the gloves...

I have electrically heated gloves I wear when I ride my Scooter in the winter.

The wires run through my armor and under the seat of the bike.

Back