WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Re: Tell Congress: Keep the EV Tax Credit

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:04 pm

The EV Tax Credit is the least of my worries.

If no change in tax law: For GM, Tesla and Nissan, the EV tax credit is phasing out in a few years. Somewhere close to 2020, these three will need to sell EVs with no subsidies. Ford is close to 2021 or so. Other auto makers will be somewhat later. Outside the USA, does not matter.

A short term, local problem.

WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 pm

How nice that you can ignore little things like this - when they don't affect you anyway. Your analysis is till flawed, though, because the American public needs to have skin in this game, rather than just not-really-observing it from afar while rich people play it.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:55 am

LeftieBiker wrote:How nice that you can ignore little things like this - when they don't affect you anyway. Your analysis is till flawed, though, because the American public needs to have skin in this game, rather than just not-really-observing it from afar while rich people play it.

Small change, when compared with likely longer term cuts to Social Security, Medicare, ACA and Medicaid, the way the Republicans plan on paying for the trillion dollar a year cost of the "Middle Class Tax Increase and Tax Cuts for the Very Rich".

This does affect me as I've hoped on buying a new EV in the next couple of years. If the only thing that passes is the EV Tax Credit repeal, darn it. If the rest passes and the EV Tax Credit survives, disaster.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes, we ALL understand that there are worse things in the budget than the EV credit cut. I find it annoying that I keep getting lectured by people on a Leaf Website that I shouldn't be caring about this. Apart from the fact that how the US public views EVs will affect the world climate over the next 500 years, I guess you're absolutely right. In fact, we should ALL just stop talking about Leafs altogether here, and focus on what really matters. It's downright obscene that we give any thought at all to these silly electric cars when the world is being consumed by war, famine and the resurgence of fascism.

Happy?
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

TeamChargePoint

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

TeamChargePoint wrote:As new EV models come to market, automakers and drivers alike need to be able to count on policies that foster innovation and support a flourishing market. This is why we at ChargePoint support initiatives that protect American innovation, leadership, jobs, and help reduce emissions by increasing the adoption of electric vehicles.

We ask you to join us and other EV enthusiasts in signing this petition asking Congress to retain the EV tax credit.

You can read more from our CEO, and sign the petition, here: http://bit.ly/EVTaxCredit

If the government chooses to end EV tax credits, will that affect the EV market overall? Our CEO, Pasquale Romano, shares why he believes the EV tax credit repeal hurts American innovation, on CleanTechnica. http://bit.ly/2Bpd2Pp

Anne Smart, our VP for public policy at ChargePoint, spoke to Axios recently about three things the industry is working on, including battling the provision in the House tax package that would end consumer tax credits for buying electric cars. You'll find the article with Axios, here: http://bit.ly/2ztAPMV

ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

Return to “Off-Topic”