cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Star Trek: Discovery (possible spoilers)

Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Anyone watching? I'm all caught up with w/the latest ep (#9 "Into the Forest I Go"). That ep was a mid-season finale and we won't see any new eps until January.

Even though it's so different than all other Trek shows before it, I'm still enjoying it. You just have to let some of the YATI (Yet Another Trek Inconsistency) and canon issues, beside the tech and Klingons vs. TOS not bother you too much.

Warning: This thread could have spoilers for anyone not caught up to the current ep. Best not to spoil any major plot points (if they exist in the wild, possibly as rumors) that are in future not yet aired eps.

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

DanCar
Delivery Date: 10 Mar 2013

Re: Star Trek: Discovery (possible spoilers)

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm

I feel like I've been scared for life after watching that sex scene. :lol:

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I saw most of the premiere, until it got lopped off, and didn't much like it. I really didn't like the Klingons. J.J. Abrams and Co. were a bad choice for this franchise, and as soon as I saw that they were using a converted distillery for the engineering deck (and no doubt saving a million or three dollars for their own pockets) in the first movie, I cringed. I'm not a Trekkie, but I DO have sci-fi standards. And I am most certainly NOT going to subscribe to a crappy streaming service just to watch one show. I'll watch it eventually on DVD.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

cwerdna
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 pm

Ep 2 had a lot of action.

The converted distillery hasn't been used at all in ST:D (haha).

This show takes places 10 years before TOS and supposedly, this show doesn't take place in JJ-verse (aka now called the "Kelvin timeline"). I have to admit it's confusing given the look of the ships, esp. the bridge. The bridges look more like those from JJ-verse reboot #1, namely the USS Kelvin (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Kelvin).

'13 blue Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 blue Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Yeah, I didn't even realize while watching it that it was a prequel.
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Return to “Off-Topic”