QUESTION: for all EV owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much I wish I had asked, as my sales person knew even less of the Leaf than I, but I wish I had known of the heat pump advantage getting an SV or SL Leaf over the S I purchased.
I didn't really know about the battery issues either but living in a cooler climate, I kind of lucked out there.

A couple times now I've seen dealers with big EV inventories and 90-100% have no QC option. They didn't think it was important and told me it wasn't hurting sales. OK, maybe some customers didn't need it and knew that, but I'm betting a lot of customers had no idea what they were getting into and will regret the lack of it like they'd regret discovering the ICEv they got couldn't accept a gas nozzle but has to be trickle fed gas for hours. I've met a couple of drivers at L2s who had no idea what QC was, and didn't know they could have really utilized a QC port. Dealers just want to move metal, they're not focusing on education.

TeamChargePoint said:
What do you wish you asked your car dealer about before buying your EV?

I think it unlikely that a dealer anywhere could have told me something I hadn't already found out here. Likely a lot less, and possibly less truthfully. Basically I view dealerships as an impediment between me and the car I've decided upon.

How many Quick/Fast Chargers are there, and is your manufacturer building or are others building as many as possible for ease of travel in the near term? When are you actually going work at supplying (not just compliance) to get 1 or more long range BEVs into customers hands? Where is the BEV long range pickup truck?

Nubo said:
TeamChargePoint said:
What do you wish you asked your car dealer about before buying your EV?

I think it unlikely that a dealer anywhere could have told me something I hadn't already found out here. Likely a lot less, and possibly less truthfully. Basically I view dealerships as an impediment between me and the car I've decided upon.
I was in the same boat as the 1st part of Nubo's statement. I'd already been hanging out here for 2 years before I got my 1st Leaf.

I leased my 1st Leaf. Back it went at end of lease. I bought my 2nd one used from a used car dealer who got them at Manheim auctions.

I was a complete newbie to the EV car scene, but got very lucky. Doing it again, I'd want to know about S vs SV and SL, and Premium Package vs not even having a backup camera. I went in wanting to lease an S for $99 a month as advertised, but happily the lack of cruise control on the S, along with the non-availability of the advertised cars for $99, kept me there for hours, and I ended up with an SV with Premium for $149 a month instead. I think they were afraid I was going to die of heat stroke in their dealership. ;-)

Same as cwerdna and nubo - at least my Leaf dealer is knowledgeable, but after getting an education through this Forum, I did not feel at any disadvantage in my dealings with them.

Back