Electric Vehicles Pose as a Threat

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkkms2

The National Ethanol Conference just finished up here in San Diego. I had hoped to go as I generally support Ethanol as one way to reduce oil use and provide alternate jobs in farming communities, but did not have time.

I was reading the summary of "Five Takeaways from the Conference" written up by an "Energy" Company when I spotted one disturbing phrase, "Electric Vehicles Pose as a Threat". I have underlined below:

"Five Takeaways from National Ethanol Conference" written up by
Stratas Advisors, A Hart Energy Company (Oil, Natural Gas, etc)
https://stratasadvisors.com/Insights/022717-Five-Takeaways

Regulatory reform, tax policy (One of the Five Takeaways)

On a panel that featured RFA President and CEO Bob Dinneen, American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) President Chet Thompson and API Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer Marty Durbin, all were in agreement that incremental increases in Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards and electric vehicles pose as a threat to liquid hydrocarbon fuel growth prospects and that they should work together to advance the internal combustion engine. Thompson and Dinneen also agreed that the EPA’s midterm review of the CAFE standards late last year was “flawed”. All three also agreed there needs to be some form of regulatory reform, particularly when it comes to transparency and cost-benefit analysis during rulemaking processes. On tax policy, Durbin and Thompson said they're in favor of tax policies (i.e., corporate tax, etc.) under the Trump administration that stimulate growth, but want to see more analysis on their impacts on consumers and trade.

Typical -- they are in favor of subsidy ... to them. And only them.
They are in favor of regulation ... if it forces ethanol use.

I'm glad you saved your money.

Back