First commercial drone deliveries in the U.S. completed by...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

7-Eleven!!! :eek:

Convenience shop items delivered by drone in U.S.

Phys.org said:
US drone delivery service Flirtey on Monday announced that its self-piloting flying machines have whisked flu medicine, hot food and more from 7-Eleven convenience stores to customers' homes.

The Nevada-based company boasted of being the first drone service to complete regular commercial deliveries to residences in this country, having completed 77 such autonomous missions.

"We have now successfully completed the first month of routine commercial drone deliveries to customer homes in partnership with 7-Eleven," Flirtey chief executive Matthew Sweeny said in a release.

"This is a giant leap towards a future where everyone can experience the convenience of Flirtey's instant store-to-door drone delivery."

Great, now I can get a hot dog that has been sweating under a heat lamp delivered to my door!

In all seriousness, this is a huge step forward. Not so much technologically (we've "been there" for a few years now) but more in terms of regulations. I wonder what the FAA will come up with to control the drones' use of our airspace.

Back