Too bad the pope doesn't ride in an EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbender

Wouldn't it be great if someone on his staff convinced him to do so? Can you imagine what such a thing would do for the 'movement', and the image of EVs?? If only Fiat weren't so anti-EV and made one a little bigger than the 500e...

Tesla has poisoned that well. If you spent 15 minutes explaining the reality of EVs, you might make a positive demo of a low cost, energy beneficial, accessible vehicle. Instead we have most people thinking every EV has an Insane mode. The Holy Father does not have that time.

I disagree -- about the 'well being poisoned', the time required to explain and what most people think of EVs! The Vatican could put out one press release and post it and further details on their website. It could explain all of the reasons an ePope-mobile is better for the environment (etc.), which is quite apparently one of his "causes".

It would do wonders for the 'movement', and I wouldn't be surprised if we (Holy) See it happen. I'm just trying to get the ball moving and expedite it! :)

Personally I would like to see him in an e-NV200 with the rear doors replaced with clear panels.
nissan-env200.jpg

dgpcolorado said:
Wouldn't the fact that the "Pope-mobile" creeps along, not to mention its overall appearance, just reinforce the stereotype of EVs as "golf carts"? ;)
Millions wouldn't care, and would learn the Truth (heh-heh) after purchase...

"Second", as the owner of a golf cart, I regret that the rise of EVs and the use of that expression have now, by implication, given golf carts a bad name! ;-)

kovalb said:
Personally I would like to see him in an e-NV200 with the rear doors replaced with clear panels.
nissan-env200.jpg
Since e-NV200 is not available for U.S. yet(not sure if it will be ever available for us), he can use this instead.
nissan-leaf-frontier-06-1.jpg

And in a Leaf, no less! This doesn't surprise me, given his outspoken concern for the environment and his desires to practice what he preaches.

He's pro-environment but he's more pro-humility than anything else. For a while he cruised the streets of Vatican City in a donated 30 year old Renault with 186k on the odometer.

RonDawg said:
He's pro-environment but he's more pro-humility than anything else. For a while he cruised the streets of Vatican City in a donated 30 year old Renault with 186k on the odometer.

According to the article, Jochen Wermuth tried to get him into a Tesla. The Leaf is a pretty humble car, especially compared to a Tesla!

If His Holiness rolled up in a Nissan Leaf I'd probably spit my coffee everywhere. Efficient emissions?! Safer for the environment? No way!

Back