Ford Edge Spy Shots

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

Very off-topic, but I stumbled upon this while e-biking in a closed off section of Hines Park, which spans across much of Wayne County here in Michigan. This section was closed off due to flooding. Not sure how the Edge (?) got parked there, but this isn't the first time I've seen Ford testing vehicles in this area. So I snapped a few shots:

ford2.jpg

ford1.jpg

Given that the Edge shares the same platform as the Fusion Energi, it's possible we may see an Edge Energi in the future. Ford ditched the Escape hybrid a few years ago, and the CMAX is hardly an SUV, so we may see a push in that direction. I honestly think Mitsubishi has the potential to shake up the industry with the Outlander PHEV. We really haven't seen a mass produced AWD electrically driven vehicle before. I think if they can price it right, Mitsubishi might be back in the game. If not, they are going the path of Suzuki.

Americans love their SUVs, so if they can get an SUV that doesn't use a lot of expensive gas, I think they would climb onboard just for the savings. Gas just needs to be a little higher.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1093888_ford-hq-to-have-michigans-largest-solar-array-30-charging-stations-included" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think all 30 of those stations will be used. Ford has invested almost nothing into public charging infrastructure to this point, so it's a welcomed change. My dad works for Ford in Dearborn, and there's not a single station where he works to plug in. He would consider an EV or PHEV if Ford did so. In the City of Wayne, where the Focus Electric is assembled, there's not a single charging station for employees- in fact, there's not a charging station in the entire city! And then at the Rawsonville plant, where the battery packs are assembled, same thing. Nothing to indicate they are backing electrification. This article tells me that Ford will at least keep electrification as part of its product portfolio in the future.

Back