a northwest green adventure!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

I just had the most enjoyable zero emission adventure. Kind of a triathalon if you will. I've always wanted to hike the dunginess spit near Sequim wa and go see the lighthouse at the end. I live in Seattle, and have no other car but the leaf. Looking at plugshare, I found a company, Nikola broadband who has a 48 amp evse available downtown for public use. I found some alternates so I could make it home no matter what, threw my bicycle in the back and took off!

I live nearly in downtown seattle, so taking the bainbridge ferry, I arrived in sequim with about 30 percent remaining. Plugged in, took my bike out and rode the 10 miles to the spit, then hiked the 5 miles on the beach to the lighthouse. I made it! Still, it was quite the arduous journey. Got back to a fully charged car and headed home. It's a fery scenic trip, especially the ferry ride!

Even for those of you who aren't into torturing yourself for a new challenge, I highly recommend you puget sound residents to head up to Sequim someday. It's a beautiful town, plenty to do while your car charges. And throw the owner of the evse a couple bucks. He is very gracious to provide the electric car community a relible place to charge right downtown. Thanks.

johnrhansen said:
I just had the most enjoyable zero emission adventure. Kind of a triathalon if you will. I've always wanted to hike the dunginess spit near Sequim wa and go see the lighthouse at the end. I live in Seattle, and have no other car but the leaf. Looking at plugshare, I found a company, Nikola broadband who has a 48 amp evse available downtown for public use. I found some alternates so I could make it home no matter what, threw my bicycle in the back and took off!

I live nearly in downtown seattle, so taking the bainbridge ferry, I arrived in sequim with about 30 percent remaining. Plugged in, took my bike out and rode the 10 miles to the spit, then hiked the 5 miles on the beach to the lighthouse. I made it! Still, it was quite the arduous journey. Got back to a fully charged car and headed home. It's a fery scenic trip, especially the ferry ride!

Even for those of you who aren't into torturing yourself for a new challenge, I highly recommend you puget sound residents to head up to Sequim someday. It's a beautiful town, plenty to do while your car charges. And throw the owner of the evse a couple bucks. He is very gracious to provide the electric car community a relible place to charge right downtown. Thanks.
Sounds like a very nice trip. I enjoy multi-mode travel myself. For instance, BART from the East Bay to San Francisco, ride the bike out along the Embarcadero, over the Golden Gate Bridge and up the Marin Headlands out to Rodeo Lagoon, hike, then back to Sausalito on the bike, hop the ferry to the Ferry Building in S.F., and back home on BART. Trips to Northern Marin often involve a combination of car/bike, and sometimes walking.

Back