Flame-fests go here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

TonyWilliams said:
Just learned that another SoCal LEAF was sold to CarMax with the same miles as mine, 25,000, and got $17k. I got $23k exactly two months ago at CarMax.

I usually dismiss most everything Tony says as misinformation or FUD.

But since Tony's been so avidly and publicly encouraging everyone that abuses their LEAF battery, as he did, to use CarMax as an intermediary to avoid any liability for the non-disclosure of that concealed (possible) battery damage to the future LEAF owner, I wouldn't be surprised if CarMax and other dealers will only offer lower "Tony Williams" purchase prices, to all future LEAF sellers...

MOD NOTE: I've split this thread from Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction - I plan on using this thread to hide the totally off-topic flames as they come up. -drees

edatoakrun said:
But since Tony's been so avidly and publicly encouraging everyone that abuses their LEAF battery, as he did, to use CarMax as an intermediary to avoid any liability for the non-disclosure of that concealed (possible) battery damage to the future LEAF owner, I wouldn't be surprised if CarMax and other dealers will only offer lower "Tony Williams" purchase prices, to all future LEAF sellers...
You can't be serious! I agree that it's largely about negotiation and the condition of the vehicle. My friend did not trade in his vehicle at $16.5K, and is actively working to obtain a better price. His vehicle is in good to very good shape.

surfingslovak said:
edatoakrun said:
You can't be serious! I agree that it's largely about negotiation and the condition of the vehicle. My friend did not trade in his vehicle at $16.5K and is actively working to obtain a better price. His vehicle is in good to very good shape.

edatoakrun

If Your friends LEAF is located in central ("northern") CA, you might want to suggest to him that he list it "for sale" on this forum.

surfingslovak said:
edatoakrun said:
You can't be serious! I agree that it's largely about negotiation and the condition of the vehicle. My friend did not trade in his vehicle at $16.5K and is actively working to obtain a better price. His vehicle is in good to very good shape.

Listen, apparently I can't completely block Ed's drivel. But, we can track IP addresses and trace that to a live human being. Having said that, Ed has engaged in continous, numerous, and serious defamation, (libel) remarks on this forum.

I am directing that Ed produce the evidence to support this defamation in regards to my alleged cheating, dishonesty, et al, of others. You can provide that evidence to me via post to me or my counsel. Failure to provide that evidence within a reasonable period will result in official inquiries that you will be compelled to answer.

You are further directed to not contact me via personal visits, email or telephone. Failure to abide by these directives will result in requesting relief from the appropriate government enforcement entities.

Most sincerely,

Anthony Williams
12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, Ca 92128-4160

Legal counsel address on written request.

surfingslovak said:
My friend did not trade in his vehicle at $16.5K, and is actively working to obtain a better price. His vehicle is in good to very good shape.
Wow! At some point one has to consider the value of a low mileage chassis sans battery. :? How much is a two year old conversion car with motor, controller, ac charger, power steering, and HVAC all integrated and ready to go? :eek:

I apologize to other forum participants for this off-topic reply reply to Tony's off-topic comment.

Tony, You can consider this my only reply to both your post and your annoying "Do not reply to this PM" PM I copied and pasted below.

Sorry to not reply to your "direct" (ion) faster, but I was temporarily paralyzed with laughter.

Just in case you actually were serious, My Name is Ed Marek, as I've posted or linked to many times before on this forum.

I'm in the book.

There's also a pretty good map right to my home, on this thread. BTW, I believe that thread may also explain why my range tests have shown that your comments regarding the actual range of LEAFs in varying real-world conditions, the effects of ascent and descent on total range, the probable rate of capacity loss in LEAFs in climate conditions like my own, and the usefulness of Carwings in determining all those factors, are so far removed from reality.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9064&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With an Internet search, off course, you or anyone else can find out more about me, than just my home address.

I'd personally prefer that was not the case, that we did not all now live in a world with such limited privacy.

But I suppose that might be much less of an inconvenience for me, than it could be a problem for others...

I'll provide a direct link below, to save Tony or anyone else a search, to locate further information on my use of punctuation, in various contexts. My own use of the ellipsis, however, is not necessarily limited to those wikipedia examples...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TonyWilliams said:
surfingslovak said:
edatoakrun said:

Listen, apparently I can't completely block Ed's drivel. But, we can track IP addresses and trace that to a live human being. Having said that, Ed has engaged in continous, numerous, and serious defamation, (libel) remarks on this forum.

I am directing that Ed produce the evidence to support this defamation in regards to my alleged cheating, dishonesty, et al, of others. You can provide that evidence to me via post to me or my counsel. Failure to provide that evidence within a reasonable period will result in official inquiries that you will be compelled to answer.

You are further directed to not contact me via personal visits, email or telephone. Failure to abide by these directives will result in requesting relief from the appropriate government enforcement entities.

Most sincerely,

Anthony Williams
12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, Ca 92128-4160

Message subject: Do not reply to this PM
Sent: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:03 pm
To: edatoakrun

edatoakrun wrote:

I am directing that you produce the evidence to support this defamation (libel) in regards to my alleged cheating, dishonesty, et al, of others. You can provide that evidence to me via post to me or my counsel. Failure to provide that evidence within a reasonable period will result in official inquiries that you will be compelled to answer.

You are further directed to not contact me via personal visits, email or telephone, or by replying to this PM. Failure to abide by these directives will result in requesting relief from the appropriate government enforcement entities.

Most sincerely,

Anthony Williams
12656 Sabre View Cove
San Diego, Ca 92128-4160

Seriously Ed and Tony, you both need to take your philosophical differences off the threads. Please do not incite one another to cause posts like these. Neither one is adding anything to this thread.

Thanks,

Ian Zb

MrIanB said:
Seriously Ed and Tony, you both need to take your philosophical differences off the threads. Please do not incite one another to cause posts like these. Neither one is adding anything to this thread.

Thanks,

Ian Zb

That is precisely what i have begun, and exactly what will be done. I'm sorry that these events took place here. However, I absolutely promise to take whatever actions or means that may be required to ensure they don't continue to happen in the future.

Tony

WTF. I thought we were all on the same side here. Nissan is obviously having issues with this car. So agreeing to disagree is ok. But we need to keep this civil. We need all opinions. We can filter out the ones we do not like, but personal attacks should not be happening.

Being a new guy here may be my bad, but isn't this the spot for Flame-fests? This was getting good, even running for a lawyer. Let them yell at each other. Just don't yell at me or I'll call my mommy.

Back