gascant
Delivery Date: 13 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2209

Re: Nissan LEAF Eng. Team Visit: RSVP Period Closing

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:13 pm

TonyWilliams wrote:
gascant wrote:
cwerdna wrote: One is getting picked up by a fellow SF BayLEAF and the other is renting a car upon his arrival. Thanks for asking.
Both of us flying in will ride to Google in my rental car.
Sweet!
2011 LEAF SL brilliant silver + QC
DRL's, Seat Heaters, Horn, LEDs and EVSE upgrades
Over 24,300 miles gas-free
http://sfbayleafs.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gascant

Re: Nissan Eng. Team Visit: Reservations Closed

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:22 pm

All: Just a short reminder that tomorrow's meeting is full, and attendance is limited to those who are confirmed to be registered. If you received an email from me, you are confirmed. If you did not receive an email but did preregister, please PM or email me and I will validate your registration.

If you just show up at the meeting and did not register, you will not be admitted. This is so that we do not exceed the room's capacity. We will be enforcing this strictly. We regret having to turn people away, but we cannot impose any liability on our hosts by exceeding the room capacity.

The SF BayLEAFs appreciate your cooperation.

tbleakne
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 03 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2400

Re: Nissan LEAF Engineering Team Visit: Please RSVP

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm

gascant wrote:
tbleakne wrote:If you folks could use an extra SOC meter to allow a few more folks to try it in their cars, I would be glad to bring mine.
Might be a good idea--if squirrelmeat brings his, we'll have at least 3. That way, the Nissan Engineers can split up and see it in different vehicles. Thanks for the suggestion!
I have become concerned that there a chance some clueless TSA person might possibly give me grief if he/she sees my SOC meter in my carry-on bag, so I regret to say I am not bringing it unless someone here can give me very good assurance that my concerns are groundless. Hopefully you will have several SOC meters without mine. Of course I will be glad to discuss how truly wonderful it is to anyone who is interested.
LEAF Ocean Blue SL, "100 % Electric" decals, Delivered June 3, 2011
Sold June 2014 27K miles, 18% capacity loss, 1 bar, 5.0 mi/kWh.
Solar 4.6 KW DC with both string and micro-inverters.

gascant

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Legitimate concern, but it's no different from a laptop or any other portable electronics. If they have a problem, they can always "sniff it". Might show up a few minutes early ;)

waidy
Delivery Date: 04 Feb 2011
Leaf Number: 0299

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:35 am

I provide test drives to a class of students today. Afterward, I went to in Palo Alto, put the LEAF on the Bryant Street charger, walked to Stanford Theater and watched a double-feature films. ChargePoint text me (while I was watching movie) and told me that my LEAF was drawing very little current. That usually means the car stopped charging. (perhaps the host, i.e. Palo Alto, set the charger to only allow charging for 3 hours?).

I tried to re-start the charge using the LEAF's iPhone apps. It didn't work. Does anyone have any success in using the LEAF's iPhone apps to charge the LEAF? I would like to add this item to the list (for Nissan Engrs) if others have the same problem.
Waidy Lee
http://www.waidy.com/ev" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EVandPV4Future
Delivery Date: 10 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2539

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 am

For any folks that did not make it onto the attendee list, there is another option. Howard will give a summary report the next weekend at this meeting:

Meeting : South Bay EV Holiday Gathering
(SJEAA, EAASV, BayLEAFs and everyone interested)

Meeting Date: December 10th
Time: 10am-12pm meeting
Location:911 Capitol Expressway Auto Mall, San Jose 95136, Del Grande Dealer Group

Charging: L1 access (limited to several plugs around the various DGDG dealership buildings)
240V plugs (limited to only one plug that will be operating from portable generator)
J1772 (limited to only 1x that is located at the Chevy dealership)

Agenda:
9:30-45 am Arrival - EV parking in display area (parking layout to be sent later)
10 am Meeting starts - pick up Sandwiches and Drinks as you arrive - complements DGDG
5 min - Welcome & Introduction to EV groups & the DGEV team - Don
SJEAA, EAASV, BayLEAFs
Social Media Director - Tiki Tsakiris
EV Director - John Stringer
5 min - Overview of DGEV - Don
15 min - Summary of the CAFE electric flight - Jerry

20 min - Summary Report on Dec 3rd meeting with Nissan Engineering Team - Howard

remaining time - open forum for attendee to discuss topics of general interest (charge infrastructure, projects, issues....)
Noon - adjourn to parking lot for Horn clinic (Howard and Gary)

We need to have a count for the food and charging. This is the form to report your attending.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/emb ... bEVYTVE6MQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DoxyLover
Delivery Date: 16 Oct 2011
Leaf Number: 9214

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:15 am

waidy wrote:I tried to re-start the charge using the LEAF's iPhone apps. It didn't work. Does anyone have any success in using the LEAF's iPhone apps to charge the LEAF? I would like to add this item to the list (for Nissan Engrs) if others have the same problem.
Just last night I used this. My weekend timer is set for 80% but I wanted 100% today. Instead of changing the timer, I just started charging manually from my IPhone app before I went to bed. No problem.
2011 Brilliant Silver Leaf SL
Reserved, quoted and ordered July 11, 2011
Delivered October 16, 2011 (Na. Plug-In Day)

KeiJidosha
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2011

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 am

BTW, Your personal Chargepoint card will not operate on Google campus. Hopefully our hosts have a card with access.

Update;
One final footnote on the charging. I will make a sweep through all the L2 charger areas about 10 min before the meeting to make sure that all the chargers are activated. Howard, would you mind sending a last minute reminder to folks that have asked for charging to make sure they leave their charge port door open even if they can't activate the charger? I'll make sure they get plugged in. I don't want to have anyone stressing out because they can't get the charger to work.
- 2009 BMW MINI E > 2013 Honda Fit EV > 2017 Chevy Bolt EV
- 2013 Ford C-Max Energi > 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:04 pm

KeiJidosha wrote:Howard, would you mind sending a last minute reminder to folks that have asked for charging to make sure they leave their charge port door open even if they can't activate the charger? I'll make sure they get plugged in.
Probably too late to mention additionally now, but they should also turn off their charging timers.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 82,000 miles
2015 pack on 12/30/15
Tinted windows
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires
L1 EVSE upgrade
FIAMM horns
Superbright LED lighting
2013 sun visors
LED shifter
Heated seats
GT-R map lamp lenses
Altima illuminated door switches

TonyWilliams

Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks Bay Area for a great meeting. 16 people from Nissan, including UK, USA and Japan. I'm absolutely humbled by what a well run and organized meeting we had. Over 100 LEAFs, bunches of them being charged. Good information exchange.

Thanks again, guys and gals, and you are ALL honorary members of San Diego LEAFers !!!

Tony

Return to “Suggestions for Nissan”