Illuminated charge cover release button

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilk

The light in the charge socket bay in the front of the car is great and shows thought for charging at night, but it would be useful if the buttons to release the charge socket bay cover were illuminated AFTER you turn the car off. At the moment the button is illuminated whilst the car is switched on, but the button is not active when the car is on. To open the cover you have to turn the car off.... but at that point the button goes dark!

Keeping the button illuminated for a few minutes would be a help when charging at night.

neilk said:
The light in the charge socket bay in the front of the car is great and shows thought for charging at night, but it would be useful if the buttons to release the charge socket bay cover were illuminated AFTER you turn the car off. At the moment the button is illuminated whilst the car is switched on, but the button is not active when the car is on. To open the cover you have to turn the car off.... but at that point the button goes dark!

Keeping the button illuminated for a few minutes would be a help when charging at night.
Part of the reason I keep a mini flashlight in the center console.

I haven't investigated whether this is a settable preference, but the button illumination in my 2016SL works just as you suggest: the buttons are on for quite awhile after the car is turned off. I didn't check, but I suspect they may be switched along with the auto headlight-OFF delay.

I end up turning the parking lights back on after I have shut the car off to make sure I am hitting the correct button. Although sometimes I just push them all until the hear the "pop" of the charge door opening. The down side is sometimes I hit the timer override button as well and then it starts charging right away.

But it would be great if those buttons, along with adding an LED to the door unlock, stayed on for even 30 seconds after the car was shut off....

Forget about the lights with the car. What I found is one of the flat magnetic LED flashlights that they give away at Harborfreight, and attach it to the inside of the charging lid over the QC port. Press the button any time to see what is happening. Also good way to store an extra flashlight to look under the hood or anywhere...

Back