EV, PHEV specs/dimensions compared

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Here is the table comparing dimensions and some other specs of all EVs/PHEVs in the US market (or that will be). I'll add more info as they are released.

plugin-specs.png

Link : https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vdRE6_PUIyqOTEVhNyhELNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last updated : 8/24/13

Nice. Do you want to add slots for MPGe and battery capacity (where it's known)? Maybe even 0-60 times. To fill in a couple slots, the Volt's ICE is 80 HP, and total HP is 149. I think the Karma would be a good addition as well.

TomT said:
Is the i3 actually 79.2" wide? That's wider than a lot of SUVs!
It is actually with the mirrors (I think) - that is the reason for the *. I'll add the explanations (once I get some formatting issues I had sorted out).

Karma is crazy heavy and crazy wide.

As we know, the Leaf has loads of front head room!

It seems that Model S (160 mile version) will weigh only slightly more than the Volt...

Coda will start shipping shortly so you might want to add that one to the list... Also, the range of the base Tesla is 160 miles (230 and 300 are options)

TomT said:
Coda will start shipping shortly so you might want to add that one to the list... Also, the range of the base Tesla is 160 miles (230 and 300 are options)
I think EPA rating of Model S will be about 130 (assuming it is has the same efficiency as the lighter Leaf).

Yes, I could add a few more Coda, Think, Smart EV, Active-E/Mini-E.

I believe Karma's engine/motor/total HP are 200/400/400 (give or take a marketing 1). Total motor EV HP is 200, it only provides 400 motor HP if the ICE/GenSet is running full out. Other than to say 200/400*/400, I don't know how to say that. There's probably a similar star on torque, but I don't know the numbers.

Rusty said:
I believe Karma's engine/motor/total HP are 200/400/400 (give or take a marketing 1). Total motor EV HP is 200, it only provides 400 motor HP if the ICE/GenSet is running full out. Other than to say 200/400*/400, I don't know how to say that. There's probably a similar star on torque, but I don't know the numbers.
Fisker says there are 2 motors with 650 Nm torque, each.

evnow said:
I think EPA rating of Model S will be about 130 (assuming it is has the same efficiency as the lighter Leaf).
Although the cd and cdA may be better than the LEAF, boosting it's highway numbers.

JRP3 said:
Although the cd and cdA may be better than the LEAF, boosting it's highway numbers.
Leaf actually got 100 miles range (not just in LA04) in EPA combined test. The problem is the 30% cut that EPA imposes. S will have the issue.

And I'm glad they did as it is much more representative of the real world for real drivers... Can you imagine the noise we'd be hearing if the EPA had said 100 and then there were all these people who weren't actually getting it?!

evnow said:
JRP3 said:
Leaf actually got 100 miles range (not just in LA04) in EPA combined test. The problem is the 30% cut that EPA imposes. S will have the issue.

TomT said:
And I'm glad they did as it is much more representative of the real world for real drivers... Can you imagine the noise we'd be hearing if the EPA had said 100 and then there were all these people who weren't actually getting it?!
True.

Anyway - Leaf with "24 kwh" battery has 73 miles. I just used this ratio to get S's range based on its 41 kwh battery. I've done similar extrapolation for other cars, wherever the range has a * next to it.

Aren't most people doing better than 73 miles? The 30% hit seems a bit extreme compared to real world results.

Some do better and a few do worse. On average, it is not that far from reality considering all the variables...

JRP3 said:
Aren't most people doing better than 73 miles? The 30% hit seems a bit extreme compared to real world results.

JRP3 said:
73 miles is about 3.4 m/kwh. I think it is on the lower side - ofcourse in cold climates, driving on freeways you can go below that. But I'd say the average is better than that.

Back